Lemmy hates rap and pop music

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Some of these posts are unreal.

Lemmy is a rocker telling the straight truth about two forms of NON rock music that ****ing suck in every conceivable way. This is a "Classic Rock Forum." Go defend that non rock PISS on you tube. We true rockers aren't interested in RAP, or 21'st century pop garbage.

Rock On - or - MOVE on... Or get thee to my ****ing ignore list.

Lemmy hit the nail right on the head.

Said my piece in here a while back, but I can see that some people are still over the top about Lemmy's comments concerning modern music.

Magic has addressed S&L's inquiry/comment, I know I haven't done anything in this thread, and as for making a back up...I only do that for big posts with good content, not for a running exchange in a thread like this.

What would you all like us to do,,,allow Anarchy to reign in here?

If any of you want to see a totally unmoderated forum where Nothing is ever edited/deleted and trolling flaming fighting is not only acceptable but is encouraged let me know and I'll send you the link.

CRF is moderated by music fans, and we refuse to pigeon hole ourselves to one singular brand or genre of music, even if it's two cavemen grunting hooting by the waterhole when the cavewomen arrive for their morning bath then it's okay with us.:D

We try to allow free exchanges, but a few more posts like TC's and where would we be? I like TC and he is a good member but he does push the envelope as far as possible at times, like his post I quoted.

We do our best to keep CRF a nice place, and enjoy our flamboyant members at the same time as long as no personal insults are issued and vulgar language is kept to a minimum that is okay with us.

But on a personal note, just as a forum poster nothing is as meaningless to me as when someone continues to berate insult a band/genre over and over again with the ubiquitous "They Suck!!",,,and that is it. If you are going to criticize a band/artist at least take the time to to a good job and never insult their fans, those kind of posts make me smile when I read them even if they are talking about a band I like.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
No one has removed any posts that criticize you, ther is no reason to remove any posts. Posts can be edited by staff, though. If we have to remove content from a thread, the posts are "parked" in a non-viewable area of the forum. There are no posts in this non-viewable portion of the forum that criticize you.

That won't convince me at all....NOT AT ALL......but who the hell cares....I see there are lots of people that think like ME here on this thread.....the Lemmy - bashers BEWARE:):):):):omg::omg::omg::omg:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Said my piece in here a while back, but I can see that some people are still over the top about Lemmy's comments concerning modern music.

Magic has addressed S&L's inquiry/comment, I know I haven't done anything in this thread, and as for making a back up...I only do that for big posts with good content, not for a running exchange in a thread like this.

What would you all like us to do,,,allow Anarchy to reign in here?

If any of you want to see a totally unmoderated forum where Nothing is ever edited/deleted and trolling flaming fighting is not only acceptable but is encouraged let me know and I'll send you the link.

CRF is moderated by music fans, and we refuse to pigeon hole ourselves to one singular brand or genre of music, even if it's two cavemen grunting hooting by the waterhole when the cavewomen arrive for their morning bath then it's okay with us.:D

We try to allow free exchanges, but a few more posts like TC's and where would we be? I like TC and he is a good member but he does push the envelope as far as possible at times, like his post I quoted.

We do our best to keep CRF a nice place, and enjoy our flamboyant members at the same time as long as no personal insults are issued and vulgar language is kept to a minimum that is okay with us.

But on a personal note, just as a forum poster nothing is as meaningless to me as when someone continues to berate insult a band/genre over and over again with the ubiquitous "They Suck!!",,,and that is it. If you are going to criticize a band/artist at least take the time to to a good job and never insult their fans, those kind of posts make me smile when I read them even if they are talking about a band I like.

The people who don't care what Lemmy thinx on pop or whaterever should at least have the decency NOT to bash others who do not care for such bands like Radiohead and Porcupine Tree----and other bands like that.....and, PRAY, what does "...Magic has addressed S&L's inquiry/comment" intend???!:heheh::heheh::omg:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Your complaint about your posts, that is obvious S&L.

This thread has almost run it's course anyway, it's been a merry go round for a few pages already. That is rather amusing, I have never considered RH or PT as anything but rock bands...so why they are even part of a thread about Lemmy dissing rap-pop is beyond me.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Your complaint about your posts, that is obvious S&L.

This thread has almost run it's course anyway, it's been a merry go round for a few pages already. That is rather amusing, I have never considered RH or PT as anything but rock bands...so why they are even part of a thread about Lemmy dissing rap-pop is beyond me.

That reply to my "complaint" doesn't satisy me at all....but as I said there, I don't care really.....we on the other side DO NOT know what happens behind the button room on forums......PT and RH are NOT rock in the classic sense, that's for sure....actually, I don't really know what "genre" they do:):pullhair:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The mod here did what he thought was necessary to maintain order in the thread, that is what the staff is here for, and you are right it is behind closed doors. I have posted myself, and then after reading what I posted edited or deleted it myself...I usually try to think about what I say before posting but once in a while emotions do take over for a minute or two.

PT is a progressive rock band and they are excellent...Radiohead is an experimental rock band, but neither are pop bands by any measure.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
The mod here did what he thought was necessary to maintain order in the thread, that is what the staff is here for, and you are right it is behind closed doors. I have posted myself, and then after reading what I posted edited or deleted it myself...I usually try to think about what I say before posting but once in a while emotions do take over for a minute or two.

PT is a progressive rock band and they are excellent...Radiohead is an experimental rock band, but neither are pop bands by any measure.

THAT is the prob.....some people on threads cannot figure out their emotions before replying (like some posters when they have to face the anti PT or RH posters!)...that IS sad:pullhair:!!
I do not think PT is prog at all.....some very slight aspects might put them in the "prog" slot, but NO WAY.
RH might even be experimental, but they have not THREADED on unthreaded ground:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
That reply to my "complaint" doesn't satisy me at all....but as I said there, I don't care really.....we on the other side DO NOT know what happens behind the button room on forums......PT and RH are NOT rock in the classic sense, that's for sure....actually, I don't really know what "genre" they do:):pullhair:

Porcupine Tree-progressive rock, heavy prog, psychedelic rock, experimental rock

From what I see, obviously you do care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online