Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page Sued For Plagiarism Over "Dazed And Confused"

wolfsblood

Reaction score
Like the blues musicians who came before them, Led Zeppelin borrowed many ideas and recycled all sorts of riffs and songs. Unlike most of those guys, Led Zeppelin made huge amounts of money. But to sue the band over this, especially after all these years, is lame and goes against the grain of rock!

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
He's either run out of dough or gone loony as far as I can tell...:dunno:

Loony? What's loony over suing for copyright infringement?

ishu161 said:
what is wrong with this dude?? :O

Nothing that the royalty cheques he's missing wouldn't cure methinks.

Wolfsblood said:
But to sue the band over this, especially after all these years, is lame and goes against the grain of rock!

Nonsense. Other than the time lapse, there's a long established tradition of copyright suits in rock, many or most a lot flimsier than this one.

:drums:

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
Zeppelin stole a lot of ideas. Spirit's "Taurus" is the basis for "Stairwa to Heaven."

I love Zeppelin, but I agree with you 100%.

For instance, Davy Grahams' version of "She moved thru' the Bizarre/Blue Raga" certainly was Page's blueprint for "White Summer".

Likewise, "Down by Blackwaterside", as played by Bert Jansch, was the inspiration for Black Mountain Side.

And the Small Faces "You Need Love" was the inspiration for "Whole Lotta Love"

There are many more... Sonny Boy Williamson "Bring It on Home", etc.

The situation with Holmes reminds me of when Anne Bredon got a writer's credit for Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. She never knew that LZ recorded it until her son told her 20 years after LZ's first album came out!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.