Review Led Zeppelin - IV (1971)

album review

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Khor1255 said:
Fantastic album. A return to rock and roll with a vengence. Yes, a lot of it is overplayed but if you give it a rest for a while it is quite enjoyable.

An excellent thread!!!

I just got the record of this album AND ITS INSANE!!!!!!!! (Sounds gorgeous)

I had a cassette only and it sounds thinner and crappy.... Now I have the record (A CRC COPY) and I just ordered the 8 track..... (Same CRC copy)

I WOULD SAY THIS IS THIER BEST ALBUM!!!!!!!

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I overplayed this when I was just 13 years old and it has been on the shelf ever since. And since I don't listen to the radio... the songs have actually freshened up a whole heck of a lot. I heard Rock & Roll on shuffle yesterday and it really got my motor pumpin'.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I overplayed this when I was just 13 years old and it has been on the shelf ever since. And since I don't listen to the radio... the songs have actually freshened up a whole heck of a lot. I heard Rock & Roll on shuffle yesterday and it really got my motor pumpin'.

@AboutAGirl I`ve been overplaying this album in the present...:bow:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Im listening to the 8 track now!!!!! (The CRC copy I have is the BEST 8 track version of this album as all others have over a minute of silence @ the end of track 1 and 3)

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
This album more than any other, shaped and formed my musical tastes. Like many others, I played this album to death, and don't spin it much anymore. But there's a reason why I, and so many others burnt themselves out on it. To me at least, it's the second most important rock album of the 70's, second only to the Dark Side of the Moon. I should mention that this is the first really hard rock album I got my hands on as a kid, and for that reason, it's left an indelible mark on my soul. This is what kick started me to play guitar and become a musician.

The write up the OP did is very good, descriptive, but not overly so. (like one of my reviews)
But then everyone knows this album, and for good reason. :grinthumb

Roger M

Reaction score
Whhen I was of that tender age of 15 I wore my copy of IV smooth. Now I listen to the easier albums I III and Houses of the Holy. But Going To California is still on my playlist. I also have an instrumental mandolin version that would make you weep.

scarabus

Reaction score
Good review.
Side 1 is great.
Side 2 has only one great song (WTLB)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom