Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easy choice for me. Back in Black.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Untitled... Love Back In Black BUT the fourth album by Led-Zeppelin offers more diversity.

Absolutely agree. :grinthumb

Two massively different albums here…. ZoSo is an album that will remain an all-time rock classic until long after I am gone, for me it’s a finely crafted and sublime fusion of so much.....mysticism, folksy charm, full throttle dynamic rock ‘n roll, lyrical beauty, 60’s hippie nostalgia, hard edged blues, and the most perfect instrumental blend on any Led Zep album…it has virtually no weakness, maybe ‘Four Sticks’ is the only track on there that sounds slightly out of its depth. And much as I love AC/DC ,and I’ve loved everything that they’ve ever done, Back in Black - like all their albums - from first track to last is just an all-out aural guitar and drums assault with about as much subtlety and charm as a flying sledgehammer, because let’s be honest as great as they are at it, one of the best 'live' stadium/concert bands of the modern rock era - that’s all that AC/DC really knows. So no question for me which of these two is the album that will still be revered and admired 100 years from now.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it was Led Zeppelin II I probably would have gone with that, I feel some of the songs on Back in Black are vastly over rated. But with IV I feel the same way about some of the songs so I went the lesser of two evils for me....so to speak.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Absolutely no contest
IV
But I don't really care for any Brian Johnson stuff.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I just picked up a copy of Back in Black a few weeks ago, the vinyl edition. Bon Scott will always be my favorite Acca Dacca vocalist, but Brian has grown on me over the years.

Two legendary bands, two great records it's hard to pick between them. If IV wasn't so overplayed then I would pick it, but it's only the last few years that I've stopped listening to radio that I can play it and enjoy it properly again. I suppose you could say the same for B in B too come to think of it.

I might be wrong but I think B in B has outsold IV, it is in the top 5 best selling albums of all time, if I'm in error someone with more knowledge can correct me.

After saying all that,,,I abstain.:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online