1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by METALPRIEST, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

Vanishing Point (1971)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

The Oblong Box (1969)

[​IMG]

3. Aero

Aero Senior Member

Read about this on RT and it sounds like a good movie. What did you think of it?

4. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

If you like muscle cars and a plot that is open to interpretation, then I think you would like it. It has some great high speed chase scenes.

It is often classified as an "existential" film, which I didn't pick up on when I watched it years ago. Now, after watching it, I can see the reasoning. There is a lot of symbolism going on in the film.

5. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

Tower of Evil (1972)

[​IMG]

6. Jet

Jet Midway Up The Ceiling

[​IMG]

7. Aero

Aero Senior Member

Cool, I love films about existentialism...which reminds me, I still need to see Easy Rider.

8. Lynch

Lynch Happiness is a chocolate chip cookie

How to Die in Oregon (2011)

[​IMG]

Very good and heartbreaking documentary about the Death with Dignity Act in Oregon. I only saw the last half of it, but it was very good and very touching. Something that I think everyone should watch if they get the chance.

If you don't know what the Death with Dignity Act is, this wiki page sums it up pretty clearly: Oregon Ballot Measure 16 (1994) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as I know, Oregon and Washington are the only two states in the U.S. that have this... something that I wish every state in the union had. Until you've watched a family member or very close friend suffer a debilitating and most likely an incurable disease that they are suffering immensely from, it may be hard for some people to really grasp how bad it can be for people and what "Death with Dignity" really means. Especially in a day and age where the medical profession decides who is and isn't financially feasible to continue with treatments, especially the really expensive ones.

9. Lynch

Lynch Happiness is a chocolate chip cookie

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008)

[​IMG]

A heartbreaking documentary that really pissed me off and broke my heart about a wicked/evil woman that murdered a man, basically got away with it by hiding in plain sight in Canada while the ****ed up court system up there didn't do jack shit to extradite her back to the US, she has the baby of the man she murdered who she also murdered a year and a half later. Sorry, no real spoilers here since this was a case that was in the news, at least in the US a decade or more ago. Very sad and maddening situation. The documentary is done by the best friend of the man she murdered who was a childhood friend. This is documentary was done VERY well.

10. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

Django (1966)

[​IMG]