Register to remove these ads

Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by ILoveJimmyPage, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunny

Sunny Settled down at last and very happy.

Went to see Behind The Candelabra last night.

[​IMG]

2. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

[​IMG]

3. Julie

Julie Senior Member

I saw World War Z. Welll.... I like Zombie films, it's amazing what they do with the make up and zombies are just really cool. And this one was good. And they wanted it to look pretty realistic, with the reactions of different countries, and the UN s involvement, etc. Which was ambitious, but cool.
    However... (SPOILER ALERT!)
    There has been some critique, and this I also can't wrap my head aroud. THe way they portrayed Israel was just ridiculous. They built a wall because they heard rumors of the virus (and they didn't want to make the same mistake again like they 73 War, or ealrier with the holocaust.... ) so there's the wall and it's protecting them from the Zombies, and they invited the Palestinians in (yeah right, as if that would happen:p). I couldn't help but relate it to the separation wall that is there now, coincidence? I think not... And then the Palestinians and Israeli Jews come together and chant peace songs, tehy're finally united against a common enemy. What happens then - the zombies are attracted by the sound, and they manage to climb over the wall! So, it only goes wrong because Pal & Jews are united. Okayy, interesting message the director tries to tell the world (or what?)
    Another thing is that these checkpoints cages help the characters in the film to get away from the zombies. Justifying these cages? Another thing is how they portray a female Israeli soldier, a really tough girl, who is good with weapons, which is a common view on Israel: that there are progressive gender roles, 'cause look, women also have to do military duty. However, an important detail is that they almost always do administrative functions, that most of them never even get to shoot a gun, and that they're prohibited from doing military duty in the West Bank. Israel is actually quite conservative when it comes to gender roles.
    Also with regards to North Korea it was a tad controversial. The North Korean government had pulled out all teeth of their population to stop the spreading of the virus.
    So when I think back about the film, it's kind of ridiculous, but it is quite entertaining while watching it...

4. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^That's a pretty good synopsis Julie...I'll wait for it to make the rounds on my HD channels.

You make a good point about the way Israel runs it's military. The roles women have in their Army are designed intentionally to keep them off the front lines, not because they are not capable but their enemies would go completely off the deep end if they found out they were fighting against female soldiers. I remember watching a documentary on PBS about that decades ago.

Zombie films/television series...I'm tapped out now sort of like superhero franchises except for Ironman and the Avengers which have the right combination of humour/SFX and entertainment value.

5. Abraxas

Abraxas :)

Room Service starring The Marx Brothers.

6. Vehicle

Vehicle Shinedown Fanboy

[​IMG]

7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Kids With Guns

Great Movie, watched it when I was younger and lost some sleep thinking over it, couldn't quite understand it.

8. Mr. Bob Dobolina

Mr. Bob Dobolina Senior Member

Yesterday I caught two of my favorites on the Movies channel, "Sleuth" and "The Poseidon Adventure".

Attached Files:

9. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

[​IMG]

10. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Kids With Guns

Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.