Lars Ulrich VS Alex Van Halen

Who is the better drummer?

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't think either one is "great" by any means, but I do enjoy the drumming of both. they both have different styles and I think both became better drummers as the years went on with their respective bands.

I think that Lars became a better drummer over time than Alex did, but the band's style didn't always show that; then again, listen to 5150 and show me one outstanding drum track on it, so the recordings don't always tell the full picture of talents or abilities.

However, Lars is also FAR more hateable. As a fan of the band and fan of the music, I have no qualms pointing out what a dislikable douchenozzle he is.

I'll really have to think about it before voting.

FireandWater

Family Man
Reaction score
Alex: He uses fills better and doesn't let his drumming take over the song although he easily can.

Lars: Although faster, he has sounded the same on his drumming for how many years now? There is no variation in his fills, beats, and even solos.

Drumming is more about feel than speed.

Alex wins.

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score
Alex Van Halen, I remember when a new Van Halen song came out, the vocals hadn't started, and I heard the drums, soooo distinctly Alex , he had a sound that was HIS!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online