1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lana Del Rey's SNL Performance

Discussion in '2010's Music' started by Slip'nn2Darkness, Jan 18, 2012.

Lana Del Rey's SNL Performance

Poll closed Nov 13, 2012.
  1. I liked the song.. It's fine with me

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Oh Boy!! That really could use some work

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Meh!! Not My Cup Of Tea..

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Other~

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

OK.. I'm in no way dissing this artist but I wanted to poll this to see how you guys felt about this supposed "Bomb" Lana did on Saturday Night Live..

Watch and make a choice..

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Senior Member

Yeah, I saw this the other day. It was horrible in my opinion. They're saying she may have been nervous? I don't know, maybe. Her body language was weird too.

3. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

I liked when she dropped into the chorus.. That was pretty! The rest was kinda uneasy for me.. I'll vote later after I listen to it a few more times..

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Senior Member

I could only listen once. :heheh: Here's her other performance from that night. It's all over the internet, so I kinda feel sorry for her.

5. ILoveJimmyPage

ILoveJimmyPage Senior Member

I had a feeling this would be brought up and as I predicted. :heheh: IMO not the worst ever look at Ashlee Simpson's lip syncing fiasco. Also if you're going to judge an artist by one bad live performance then shame on you because she has some really good material and good live performanes under her belt. I do agree it was a big opportunity for her to shine though and she didnt. Check out her thread. :grinthumb

I think people just like to hate sometimes because they're afraid of what's new and up and coming. She has received a lot of criticism but you know what? Dont listen to her if you dont like her. Simple really. Leave her alone or at least give her a fair listen I say. :grinthumb

6. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Voted Other. She looked nervous to me.

Maybe too soon to book someone before they have an album out??

:confused:

7. ILoveJimmyPage

Absolutely my original thoughts MP. Also I'm willing to bet you can take just about any band or artist and somewhere along the line they have one or two truly bad performances. Doesn't make them any less awesome. :grinthumb I can see why people may not get into her though but I don't see where all the criticism I see all over the net comes from. I think she's great and it's nice to have something new and refreshing to listen to. I remember you dug her in her thread MP. Cheers. :cheers2

8. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

I personally don't get the draw of this girl. I don't think she really sounded bad in this but I just don't really like her or her funny looking lips in general. :heheh: I guess this thing is bound to happen when you go from 0 to 90 practically overnight though.

9. ILoveJimmyPage

Whether shell be a flash in the pan pretty girl or to is yet to be seen but I'm glad our resident new music guy Soots introduced us to her. :grinthumb From what
    little I've read about her she could take her ego down a notch but then again it's about the music not the person.

10. Big Ears

Big Ears Music Lover

Musically, she's not my cup of tea, but she is a very pretty girl.