Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Re: Lady Gaga

Soot and Stars:

Plus, if she was just another pop diva we wouldn't be talking about her right now.

Will you be singing the same tune when I dust off my Britney Spears versus Celine Dion poll?

:D

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Soot and Stars:

Will you be singing the same tune when I dust off my Britney Spears versus Celine Dionne poll?

:D

Nice try Foxhound! :grinthumb You are smart! I don't have to like them to know that they have something about them that puts them where they are though I must admit having one artist like Celine to laugh about is deviously fun! :heheh: By the way, I even like a Britney album or two! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Anyway, if you listen to everything, more power to you. But most of the time, people who say they listen to everything are top 40 types, so in my humble opinion, those who really do listen to everything ought to figure out another way to say it. :D

Well yeah I know a couple people. This girl we work with for instance says, "I like all kinds of music" and everyband that's brought up she's like "Who?"

Obvious stuff..as well. But she's a mom type with a very busy schedule. I give those people slack because 1. They're not fanatical about music as I am and 2. Their intentions are good.

I could never look down on anyone (not that you are) because I listen to say, Shadow Gallery and no one else knows who it is (that I know).

That's all I'm sayin'

:cheers:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

Yeah I ain't got the slightest thing against what those people listen to. They probably listen to more than I do. I just think it's silly of them to say they listen to everything. Even when people do listen to everything, I'd rather they just name a couple of bands so I can get SOME sort of idea...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

as for music... ehh.. she is like Nickleback... So average and indifferent feeling that it's for people that don't even like music(magic's going to come kick my butt for that comment):heheh:

:eek: Casting dispersions on Nickelback and fans <tsk, tsk, tsk>

As for Lady GaGa, a lot of her music is extremely catchy. I wont rule out pop stars from my library just because of the genre.

I also like Pink, No Doubt, Justin Timberlake, and a few others. I dont like them because they are great musicicans or songwriters, but I like the feeling the music gives me......it makes me want to move my body, sing, and smile. I think that is what pop music is all about; Making you feel happy.

Reaction score

Hi, I'm your counterexample! Have a good day! :grinthumb
:lmao:

hey! counterexample... :finger:
:eek: Casting dispersions on Nickelback and fans <tsk, tsk, tsk>

As for Lady GaGa, a lot of her music is extremely catchy. I wont rule out pop stars from my library just because of the genre.

I also like Pink, No Doubt, Justin Timberlake, and a few others. I dont like them because they are great musicicans or songwriters, but I like the feeling the music gives me......it makes me want to move my body, sing, and smile. I think that is what pop music is all about; Making you feel happy.

I'm sorry Magic:heheh:
I don't rule it out because of category/genre, I'll try listening to it, sometimes my skepticism is right, sometimes turned over... I do like No Doubt though, I really like them... Gwen solo, not so much though:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am one of those people who listens to a wide variety of music...I guess you could say everything. I listen to doo wop, motown, alternative rock, experimental rock, rock, metal, heavy metal, country, alternative country, folk, and even some death metal. I dont have a huge library of classical music, but I do have a few I enjoy. I like electronica (best work out music there is) and I like the blues and R & B, and some jazz.

Eclectic indeed. I wouldn't proclaim to know all the artists in each genre...so if you ask me "do you know so and so", I cant promise I will know who it is. There is so many bands/artists in the world it would be impossible to know them all.

Reaction score

I try to be diverse like that, but a lot of it doesn't appeal to me... I try to give everything a chance, but if I don't like something I won't listen to it just to say I like it.... I'd say I have a wide variety of likes and dislikes, just not as wide as some:D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well I think the main goal of pop music these days is about being something one can dance to. While I don't really care for dancing music (since I don't really care for dancing) I do think some modern pop is quite good. P!nk is alright sometimes, I really like Jason Mraz (particularly his "Mr. A-Z" album), I LOVE a lot of the Scissor Sisters' stuff (though there is also some of their stuff that I don't. Very strong hits and strong misses), and some others. Overall I think older pop is better than modern pop but I'm not the kind of person to close it off just from it's time period.

Though there is quite a bit of music that makes me feel happier than pop music, like various amounts of unusual folk, musicals, and all around glam. :D

I am one of those people who listens to a wide variety of music...

Yes you and I both. I for one don't necessarily like entire genres by any stretch of the imagination but I like at least a few bands or artists from just about every genre there is so it goes to show that it's not really that the genre has no appeal to me but that some bands just don't strike the right chord with me. That is how my favorite bands can include the likes of:

* A formerly 300+ pound former Texan with a strong musical theater background.
* A glam rock band who were about 30 years late to the party and was basically the culmination of AC/DC and Queen mixed into one group who's singer has the Excalibur of falsettos.
* A group of ten gypsies from different countries, mostly eastern Europe, who's ages range from mid 20's to late 60's and heavily rely on the accordion and fiddle as primary instruments in the self termed "gypsy punk rock" genre.
* A pianist and a drummer from Boston who dress like cabaret, carnival folks and introduce the piano to punk rock in a very raw way.
* A golf loving, born again Christian who sings songs about necrophilia, nightmares, dead babies, and all around psychotic themes whilst getting executed nightly to earn the title of "The Original Shock Rock Legend".

And so on...:heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Well I think the main goal of pop music these days is about being something one can dance to. While I don't really care for dancing music (since I don't really care for dancing) I do think some modern pop is quite good. P!nk is alright sometimes, I really like Jason Mraz (particularly his "Mr. A-Z" album), I LOVE a lot of the Scissor Sisters' stuff (though there is also some of their stuff that I don't. Very strong hits and strong misses), and some others. Overall I think older pop is better than modern pop but I'm not the kind of person to close it off just from it's time period.

Though there is quite a bit of music that makes me feel happier than pop music, like various amounts of unusual folk, musicals, and all around glam. :D

Yes you and I both. I for one don't necessarily like entire genres by any stretch of the imagination but I like at least a few bands or artists from just about every genre there is so it goes to show that it's not really that the genre has no appeal to me but that some bands just don't strike the right chord with me. That is how my favorite bands can include the likes of:

* A formerly 300+ pound former Texan with a strong musical theater background.
* A glam rock band who were about 30 years late to the party and was basically the culmination of AC/DC and Queen mixed into one group who's singer has the Excalibur of falsettos.
* A group of ten gypsies from different countries, mostly eastern Europe, who's ages range from mid 20's to late 60's and heavily rely on the accordion and fiddle as primary instruments in the self termed "gypsy punk rock" genre.
* A pianist and a drummer from Boston who dress like cabaret, carnival folks and introduce the piano to punk rock in a very raw way.
* A golf loving, born again Christian who sings songs about necrophilia, nightmares, dead babies, and all around psychotic themes whilst getting executed nightly to earn the title of "The Original Shock Rock Legend".

And so on...:heheh:

I think it says something about your promotional skills Cosmic that I know every artist and who they are that you just described! :grinthumb :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online

No members online now.