Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: Lady Gaga

FoxyPage:

1. Lady Gaga is hot, I'll grant you that. Her videos offer great visuals (other than the appearance of that heifer Beyonce of course).

2. When I listen to her music, however, it sounds to me like the standard light hiphop/dance pop a la Britney Spears and Beyonce that dominates the pop charts these days. It has nothing in common with black metal and there's nothing edgy about it at all. She's just another pop diva. Chrissie Hynde, Joan Jett, Deborah Harry or Siouxsie she's not. As a result, I don't understand why you like her.

3. Is Lady Gaga very much like Pink, the other new name I hear mentioned a lot these days?

:huh:

am I the only one that thinks she is not hot at all?... I don't understand the attraction to her:wtf:

as for music... ehh.. she is like Nickleback... So average and indifferent feeling that it's for people that don't even like music(magic's going to come kick my butt for that comment):heheh:

Pink... she's at least a bit different, and doing something that wasn't necessarily done before... Ga Ga(who's name I can not stand at all.. nothing about her appeals to me) is doing nothing new, she isn't even making a mockery of the old, she just tries to be different for the sake of being different IMO
and if I hear Bad Romance one more time.. heads will roll:heheh:

I will give her one thing, one solitary positive thing I can find with her.... Poker Face is catchy as hell, but I will never listen to it by choice.. usually I'm a sucker for the catchy stuff, but not this one:D

I'm done, you all can go back to having your fun:tongue:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

am I the only one that thinks she is not hot at all?... I don't understand the attraction to her:wtf:

as for music... ehh.. she is like Nickleback... So average and indifferent feeling that it's for people that don't even like music(magic's going to come kick my butt for that comment):heheh:

Pink... she's at least a bit different, and doing something that wasn't necessarily done before... Ga Ga(who's name I can not stand at all.. nothing about her appeals to me) is doing nothing new, she isn't even making a mockery of the old, she just tries to be different for the sake of being different IMO
and if I hear Bad Romance one more time.. heads will roll:heheh:

I will give her one thing, one solitary positive thing I can find with her.... Poker Face is catchy as hell, but I will never listen to it by choice.. usually I'm a sucker for the catchy stuff, but not this one:D

I'm done, you all can go back to having your fun:tongue:

Oh well, different strokes for different folks eberg :heheh:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

I like Paparazzi. But for the most part I find her popular support disconcerting. Just different strokes, I guess. I don't like pop artists who are trying to be cool, I like pop artists who are great because they aren't cool or pop artists who are cool completely despite of themselves. Also, I don't dig the electronic aspects.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Eberg said:
...it's for people that don't even like music....

I agree. It's for the crowd that turns on hit radio stations for background music but never buys any recorded music. But if you ask them what kind of music they like, they'll say "Oh, all kinds!" Then when you play them something a bit edgy that gets no radio play, they won't like it and will then say "Well anything but that". What they mean of course when they say they like all kinds of music is they like only what hits the charts - meaning they're not really into music. If you ask them what kind of stereo/sound equipment they have, they'll say "None really. I mostly just watch TV." Then after you smack them in the head they whine.

:rolleyes:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

I agree. It's for the crowd that turns on hit radio stations for background music but never buys any recorded music. But if you ask them what kind of music they like, they'll say "Oh, all kinds!" Then when you play them something a bit edgy that gets no radio play, they won't like it and will then say "Well anything but that". What they mean of course when they say they like all kinds of music is they like only what hits the charts - meaning they're not really into music. If you ask them what kind of stereo/sound equipment they have, they'll say "None really. I mostly just watch TV." Then after you smack them in the head they whine.

I agree completely that the people who say they listen to everything are most often douchebags who listen to essentially nothing and think all of music is comprised of pop, rap, rock and country (and often times "everything" for them doesn't include either rap or country). However, I'm not sure if GaGa fans fall into that category. My best friend is one of those vapid little GaGa fans and she listens to Burzum! Not to mention Bloodbath, Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, jazzy experimental shit and all the requisit college indies like Animal Collective.

But I guess anyone who can bare to associate with me is bound to be an eccentric as well. She sort of gets into whatever everyone around her is listening to and she has a varied circle of friends, so... In any case, I've noticed a lot of hipsters getting into GaGa.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

FoxyPage:

1. Lady Gaga is hot, I'll grant you that. Her videos offer great visuals (other than the appearance of that heifer Beyonce of course).

Agreed! Very creative! Not personally a Beyonce fan either! :heheh:

2. When I listen to her music, however, it sounds to me like the standard light hiphop/dance pop a la Britney Spears and Beyonce that dominates the pop charts these days. It has nothing in common with black metal and there's nothing edgy about it at all. She's just another pop diva. Chrissie Hynde, Joan Jett, Deborah Harry or Siouxsie she's not. As a result, I don't understand why you like her.

Fair enough because you said "It sounds to me!" When we don't like a genre sounds tend to blend together out of indifference IMO! What I disagree with is why someone can't like a poppy dance artist and edgy metal at the same time. We only have one mood or taste Foxhound? :wtf: I don't get the comparison! Plus, if she was just another pop diva we wouldn't be talking about her right now.

3. Is Lady Gaga very much like Pink, the other new name I hear mentioned a lot these days?

:huh:

No, Pink is more of a gruffer sounding pop artist who sings songs mostly about female empowerment but does to her credit diversify her sound. Lady Gaga is a flamboyant, pop singer with the catchiest dance floor music I've heard since the 90's dance pop movement. One album is not enough to show whether she's diverse yet but I can definitely tell her songs apart.

am I the only one that thinks she is not hot at all?... I don't understand the attraction to her

Nope! I think she's fugly personally but she has ambition and guts which is attractive.

Nickelback was fresh for the scene when they first came out. So is Lady Gaga and we'll she if she stays the same like Nickelback did!

and if I hear Bad Romance one more time.. heads will roll

Love Bad Romance! My favorite yet! pink came out when Britney, Christina was already big. Lady Gaga came out when pop was stale and she gave it a much needed enema! There's no such thing as different just to be different. At least, it can't be proven. Nothing's new right? But she was fresh at the time which is just as good!

Agreed! Still catchy! :grinthumb

I'm done, you all can go back to having your fun

Hi, I'm your counterexample! Have a good day! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I agree completely that the people who say they listen to everything are most often douchebags who listen to essentially nothing and think all of music is comprised of pop, rap, rock and country

Hey I listen to everything...:heheh: But I always say now that I listen to all genres.

My proof is anyone that's been over and sifted through my well kept and well organized CD collection of about 5,000 and growing. :grinthumb

It' an A-Z that boggles most people's minds...there is pop in there, but there is alot more of the "Who are these guys?" type of titles. :grinthumb

I like Slayer & Dimmu Borgir also and own collections by both acts...but IMO they are mainstream bands. But that doesn't make them bad.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Firstly, you and me both brother. I'm sick of hearing about how hot she is, as I've never noticed it. Sorry, GaGa, Kermit the Frog suits do nothing for me! :lmao:

As for Nickelback, Magic doesn't seem to be visiting this page, I may have to call you down on that one myself. But I don't have the energy, and I don't like derailing a thread (even a GaGa one!) so I'll leave it. You're lucky :tongue:

As for GaGa's music... I tend to be rather versatile in my music tastes, but just can't get into her commercialized mass-produced pop style, I'm afraid. So, overall, no brownie points for GaGa from me.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

Hey I listen to everything...:heheh: But I always say now that I listen to all genres.

My proof is anyone that's been over and sifted through my well kept and well organized CD collection of about 5,000 and growing. :grinthumb

It' an A-Z that boggles most people's minds...there is pop in there, but there is alot more of the "Who are these guys?" type of titles. :grinthumb

I like Slayer & Dimmu Borgir also and own collections by both acts...but IMO they are mainstream bands. But that doesn't make them bad.

Mainstream? No doubt! But bands that are known by people who only listen to radio? Absolutely not. Pretty sure there's not a number on the dial in PGH that'll ever give you any Dimmu or Slayer. Maybe a college station once in a few years. We do have a hard-rock/alt-rock/nu-metal type station but the only thrash they're going to play is Metallica, I don't even think they play Pantera. 'Course, radio is unusually bad here.

Anyway, if you listen to everything, more power to you. But most of the time, people who say they listen to everything are top 40 types, so in my humble opinion, those who really do listen to everything ought to figure out another way to say it. :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online