Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Actually unlike Katy Perry and Ke$ha, Lady G is very far on her way to releasing a new album already!

i4c693e4ad8475_700.jpg

I like the name. Sounds promising.
I like that idea & REALLY can't wait for Katy Perry's next album to come out. The other artists I can definitely do without. Some have said that Lady GaGa's pretty hot here on/in this thread (and I'd agree with that) but that's not what initially turned me on to her, no pun intended.:wtf:What makes/made me love Lady GaGa is her music first and foremost. That's pretty much how it is for me with all of my music. I have more albums than anyone in my County most likely, or at least in my city I'd imagine and NOBODY listens to as many Genres as I do around here. Lady GaGa is right there in that "Mixed Bag" category and I'm quite into what she's offered us so far. That song that was posted at the beginning of this thread including Beyonce was alright (and the video was kinda cool/interesting) but I definitely could've done without Beyonce as I feel that her music is quite overrated and her "personality" is flat. She's "Top 40" all the time on the charts, yet I don't enjoy or desire to download any of her tracks or buy any of her albums. Period!

Anyways, getting back to Lady GaGa, since I supposedly have to be a "Top 40" listener/consumer to enjoy any of her music according to some nut that said that clearly proves untrue here. I buy physical Albums before and more often than I ever download any tracks or Albums online. I look at the top tracks available in iTunes and pretty much always am disgusted by damn near all of them which all would surely, once again, be in a "Top 40" list. There are millions of people out there that actually do quite simply just download the "hit" tracks from an artist while never giving any of the others a second chance. I too despise their thought process as they actually are uneducated and juvenile in their musical searches. I do enjoy using iTunes though when it comes to purchasing import and/or expensive Albums that aren't normally found in this area because then I can get all (not just some) of the Album's tracks for around 10-15 bucks rather than paying 30-40 bucks waiting to receive that same exact Album from another State and/or Country. So, when it truly comes down to it, I purchase full Albums, rarely order single "hit" tracks, listen to more Genres than nearly anyone here or elsewhere actually knows of, doesn't care for or search for the hottest "Top 40" tracks of the month, listens to and orders complete Album imports, doesn't care whether people like half (or any) of the music that I like and listen to, will not stop listening to other bands or artists that may or may not still be as popular 10-15 years from now such as Katy Perry, A Fine Frenzy, Christina Aguilera, Beth Hart, Connie Evingson, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Isabelle Boulay, Diana Krall, Duffy, Meiko, Colbie Caillat, Halestorm, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Sena Ehrhardt, Ellie Goulding, Demi Lovato, Michelle Branch, In-Grid, Shannon Curfman, Rumer, Olivia Ruiz, Haley Reinhart, Sunny Sweeney, Yelle, Dara Maclean, Sevendust, Eliane Elias, Melody Gardot, Paramore, Yuna, Gin Wigmore, Imelda May, Tennis, Vanessa Carlton, Sharon Van Etten, Needtobreathe, Quadron, Spice Girls, ZAZ, etc...

...and that all also includes the one and only Lady GaGa. Have a nice day folks!:D

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
I thought KP put out a better follow up to her debut than Gaga did though.
If her next Album is anywhere near as good or, dare I say, actually better than her previous Album that would just be insane! I'd love it! "Teenage Dream" was such an improvement after her previous Album even as good as that one was. Perhaps her next Album could/should have more of an erotic twist labeling it as "Adult Dreams"...lol? Whadda ya think?:grinthumb

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I like her so much, when she comes out with this kind of ballads.
I'm liking that duet too. To be honest, I'm liking all ARTPOP in general.
Nevertheless, I think she has the skills to do better music...
I hope she will try other ways and genres in the future.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I like her so much, when she comes out with this kind of ballads.
I'm liking that duet too. To be honest, I'm liking all ARTPOP in general.
Nevertheless, I think she has the skills to do better music...
I hope she will try other ways and genres in the future.

I agree with you. It's only a matter of time. The bigger an artist gets the more creative freedom they have! :grinthumb

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
As much as I'm not a big fan of current creative and recording technique,I must agree that as far as the flow of things in the current industry is concerned,the Lady does indeed exhibit true artistic fortitude and inspiration and definitely is one of the greater purveyors of pop music in the business today.

ecisgod

Reaction score
I'm definitely not a huge Lady Gaga fan. But, I do live with 3 females (wife and 2 almost teenage girls). So, I have heard quite a bit of her stuff.

I watched a special on tv with my family and she was very down to earth and came across as a very "good" person.

I really enjoyed her when she played "You and I" with Sugarland during the 2011 Grammy Awards and it was really good. She can definitely sing!!

I'm definitely becoming more and more of fan of her...if not her music.

She was very cool,funny and poked fun at herself quite a bit on Saturday Night Live and was very entertaining...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online