Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
There were a few songs I took to liking on BTW but I agree her first was far superior. I really liked Heavy Metal Lover and Born This Way. The rest I could live without. I wonder if there's even plans for a new album yet. All I've seen of LG lately is her running around eastern Europe in fancy clothes and barking about how PETA sucks and it's ok for her to wear fur. Get to work lady!!! You need some redemption.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Actually unlike Katy Perry and Ke$ha, Lady G is very far on her way to releasing a new album already!

i4c693e4ad8475_700.jpg

I like the name. Sounds promising.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Good to know AAG. The album cover alone is reminiscent of her earlier stuff. :grinthumb

I thought KP put out a better follow up to her debut than Gaga did though.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
IMHO they're about equal if you count The Fame Monster. Complete Confection's new tracks were sublime but not as much of a KO as The Fame Monster. That's not to say anything against Katy, I'm more a fan of her than Gaga, but Gaga has definitely been more prolific. I wish they'd at least release The Matrix album Katy did.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
We'll see, I mean I feel like gaga was trying too hard to come in as the badass with Born This Way and It didn't really work out lol

hope she has good stuff coming up.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Exactly what I thought, Taboo. The rocker chick image didn't work for her. She'll always be the fierce fabulous pop diva type IMO.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
The scary thing from my end is that it sounds like Ke$ha is trying to copy the BTW aesthetic on her upcoming album. It's being called "cock pop" and supposedly takes influence from 80s glam. And if Gaga couldn't pull it off, you know it's going to look thrice as bad coming from Ke$ha. I really felt that Gaga going semi-organic was the perfect opportunity for Ke$ha to step up and be the EDM Queen of the World but instead she's just following Gaga into disaster. And while she was lollygagging for three years without a full-length, Katy Perry stepped up and became the undisputed EDM pop champion and now it'd take Ke$ha a dozen lifetimes to catch up. Now Ke$ha's obsolete. I know she's the butt of a lot of jokes, but I thought she had real potential, it's kind of a shame.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I have to admit that I like Lady Gaga.
I really think that she is talented and that if she would have wanted it, she could have done also rock.
To me, she's got rock "soul", but she's decided to do dance/pop...
I like every song of the Born This Way Album...

... I'm so curious about ARTPOP...

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
Just to say that ARTPOP will be released on the 11.11.2013
and the first single on the 19th of August of this year...
I'm so curious I can hardly wait for it... :p

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
So, she's back!

"Applause" has been released...
ARTPOP is coming...

I think she cand do better than this... But I still think ARTPOP will be okay.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online