Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
You really do seem to be a fan of those remixes AAG. :grinthumb I'm wondering if KP is still riding on the success of Teenage Dream or if she's in the process of another album too. I do love Gaga regardless and will always defend her no matter how inferior I see her later albums compared to The Fame/Monster.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
To me, extended remixes are like live jams in the 70s. Same great songs, long unique versions. Generally it's hard to improve upon the studio version, but when you have a band that does great extended jams like Crazy Horse or Zeppelin, or an artist with a strong EDM aspect like Ke$ha or Gaga, it makes sense that you find some true gems. The electronic aspect is a huge component of what I like about modern pop, so I naturally gravitate towards remixes since they have a much stronger EDM element to them. Same way guitar is a big part of what I like about Neil so I love his live versions.

And Gaga specifically, gets the best remixes, hands down. And you know I mean it since I'm not a diehard Gaga fan. The only person who even can begin to compete with Gaga's remixes are when Dave Aude remixes Selena Gomez.

I think Katy's still touring at the moment. But I would think she'd get on top of new material pretty quick once that's done with, since it's already been a year. Alas, only time will tell. I would hope they'd want to bank on this wave of dominance she's been having and release something soon, maybe even an EP (seem to be all the rage these days). But not everybody can release as much material as Rihanna, unfortunately...

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
This has become my favorite song from Born This Way. :grinthumb

Heavy Metal Lover

BTW, what is up with her obsession with meat dresses? She is everywhere with those now. :bonk:

120509-ladygaga-thesimpsons.png

suzyaraneta

Reaction score
Born this way is my favorite song of Lady Gaga.
She went here in the Philippines, but since I am away from our capital city which is Manila, I never had a chance to meet her personally. That's my wildest dream. Even though some people do not agree with her songs, beliefs..., it's only a matter of freedom and choice.

KingHeadache

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, but ledposion would be a great alternative.

What a represensetive of NON CREATATIVE GARBAGE ..................jeez

The future is not great, thank God I will die soon !

falker

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate but Lady G is awesome.

hs-lady-gaga.jpg

Teens Official Website
Lady GaGa Youtube Channel

Years active
2006–present

Albums
The Fame (2008)
The Fame Monster (2009)
Born This Way (2011)​

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, a pop/electronic/dance artist, was born on March 28, 1986 in New York City to Italian parents. She began playing piano at the tender age of 4 and at 13, she had writtern her first ballad.

At the age of 19, she was signed, but quickly dropped from, Def Jam. Songwriter/producer, RedOne, picked her up and they put together 'Boys, Boys, Boys', which was inspired by Motley Crue's song, 'Girls, Girls, Girls'. Stefani then needed a name. Rob Fusari, a producer who had helped her with some songs, sent her a text message that had read 'Lady Gaga'. In his words:

Thus, Lady Gaga was born.

Lady Gaga released her debut album, The Fame, in 2008 to mostly positive reviews. It has been described as a mix of 'Bowie and Queen'. The album hit number one in a number of countries, as well her singles, Just Dance and Poker Face, and remained on top for several weeks.

Her follow up, The Fame Monster, was released in November of 2009 and has the same success as her debut, with Bad Romance, her first single off the album, hitting number one on the charts.

She has had tons of awards nominations and wins and her first tour, The Fame Ball tour, was critically acclaimed.

Her biggest musical influences lie in that of glam rock and pop, drawing from David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Micheal Jackson and Madonna.

I actually just watched her new video for 'Telephone', which features Beyonce, and I have no idea what to say afterwards. That video was crazy and funny, with a great swipe at the rumours about her possessing male genitals in which she jumps on her cell bars in jail, sans pants (but her bits blurred out, of course) with the comment 'told you she didn't have a dick'. LMAO. Best part of that video is easily PussyWagon and she reminded me of Madonna back in Madonnas short haired, bleached blond days. It's a long video and it kinda leaves you scratching your head a little but I liked it. THE BOYS WILL LOVE IT. Chicks in jail dressed in skimpy clothes.

Her songs are catchy and I like her individuallity. She's what most people would consider weird but I see it as artistic.

She was also featured on Wale's song, Chillin'.

Gaga started out really good but the last stuff she did is kinda worrying me. It doesn't sound as good as classics such as Poker Face or Bad Romance...let's hope...

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
..and Alejandro! love that song.. but the song that really peaked my interest in her was Paparazzi.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online