Lady Antebellum (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
1542_Lady-Antebellum.jpg

http://ladyantebellum.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Antebellum

In an effort to get our Country section alive here's a group I've recently got into. I ordered both their c.d.s at once and really like their style. I like the predominate female vocals with the guys harmonizing and occasionally having their own vocal parts. The chemistry and harmony in this group is what makes them. They have to albums out:

album1.jpg
album2.jpg

I still like their releases best but I'm really getting into the albums more. Here are my favorites:

All We'd Ever Need

I Run To you

Need You Now

Hello World

One more in the Country bucket! :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Lady Antebellum

Sooty are you going country on us...?

I half expect to see you wearing one of these soon.:heheh:

Dark-Leather-Cowboy-Hat.gif

I consider Lady Antebellum a crossover artist, like many so many other artists these days. They certainly aren't county in the Hank Snow, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn mold that's for sure.

I think I have one or two of their albums in MP3's somewhere, Magic told me about them a long time ago.

Oh and you forgot to Tag your thread.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am a Lady Antebellum fan! I have both albums :tup:

I am more partial to their debut release, which is more alternative country than anything else......like LG said, a crossover type style music. Their second release is more Pop Country, but still a good album.

They have a new album coming out this September, which I will most likely buy. The single which was released off this new album is a nice love ballad, which is very typical of country duets:

Just a Kiss

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

I've been getting into country more the last couple years. This is one group that I do like. Jason Aldean and Tim McGraw are two other artists that I like. But my heart will always be with classic rock.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like Tim McGraw, and a few others mostly due to Magic's unwholesome country influence...:lmao:

Good music is simply that, only 3 genres I don't care for at all, but the new county/traditional county has some fabulously talented musicians. Not their fault they had to find a new niche after the music landscape changed otherwise they would just be soft rock to me.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

unwholesome? :omg:

I live in the sticks, LG. This kind of music is all over where I live. Infact, it is the "new pop" for the tweens. I happen to find country music easy to relate to and comforting to listen to :grinthumb

There are so many country music artists I am a fan of......one being the voices of Vince Gill & Randy Travis. The bands:

Alabama
Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn
Confederate Railroad
Charlie Daniels
Diamond Rio
Oak Ridge Boys
Little Big Town
Little Texas
Lonestar
Marshall Tucker Band
Rascal Flatts
Sawyer Brown
Soggy Bottom Boys
Sugarland
Union Station
Zac Brown Band

The list is way too long to list the solo artists and their bands!!!!

Maybe I need to get busy and make some Country threads :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I have quite a few of those, well the best ones.:D

And how did I know I would get a reaction after my post...:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

You knew I would have to say SOMETHING in defense of country music :moon:

Not to keep the Lady Antebellum thread off-topic......I will post some pics of Hillary Scott. She really is a beautiful lady :tup:

342026_1260922228385_full.jpg-FEBRUARY-13-Signer-Hillary-Scott-of-the-109066611.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

At least she's not wearing a cowboy hat...:D

She is a nice looking young lady.:grinthumb

ANF

Reaction score

I liked Need You Now until radio played the song to the ground. Embarrassingly it was my boyfriend and my song when we first started dating early last year LOL, yet we both hate the song now.

It kinda irked me that top 40 didn't play the two followup singles "American Honey" and "Our Kind Of Love", which this non-country person can listen to far more now than Need You Now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online