Kudos to the forum

Ember

Reaction score
[Warning...long post ahead - proceed at will]

Been here a short while now but I'm already a "senior member" it seems, I've been posting like crazy because you guys are such a fun group.
I'm a forum dweller.....knitting forums, cooking forums, music, art, pregnancy, and even betta forums....so I know forums and I have a few things to say.

One thing I noticed is how much I like the forum layout (smilies, wall posting capability, album creations, etc).

The second thing (and reason I'm posting) is that despite what topic a forum is about, there are inevitably fights that break out. I swear, people on the net will argue about anything. It so easily gets out of hand and veers off the road in a big way resulting in major verbal attacks. There's a mob mentality that comes into play too.
I'm sure there have been many disagreements and hurt feelings even here but overall there is a sense of respect and consideration that is prevalent in this particular forum. I recently went to pop into a couple other forums that I've lurked but never posted because they've always struck me as so mean spirited. Having been here I realize how much so! In 5 minutes on this other forum I saw one person post an intelligent review, not a vicious attack but a legitimate dislike. People responded with posts that he should just go get a rope and kill himself, what a loser he was, how stupid he is....etc etc.. No intelligent responses, just direct personal attacks. I read for 3 pages until I got sick to my stomach and didn't want to read the rest of the 10 pages that most likely only got worse.
I've seen the same when someone posts about something they like and are passionate about. They're called names just because they like something that isn't the general viewpoint of the forum.
Not only is this cyberbullying but it's censorship. People stop posting their true thoughts because they don't need the attacks. Others jump in the fray for fear they will become the target instead. It's crazy. You'd think these people were children but they're all adults (some are college professors!! scary).

In this forum I've seen an enormously diverse group of people and opinions but all in all it seems everyone enjoys the difference. I've also seen a couple threads that would have taken a bad turn in other places but here they're put in check quickly by people pointing out that things are turning sour. This kind of "mob" reaction is good. The majority should steer things in the proper direction as opposed to set things aflame. And we've all been on the side of a post that's taken wrong or maybe not quite so nice. I think we owe it to each other to point these moments out before they get out of hand.
The way I look at it, it's good to have people looking out for you when the ugliness of human nature takes control and you say something you might not have meant or behave in a manner that you will regret later.

Just wanted to say this and give credit where credit is due. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's a very well written post Ember, and thank you.:cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I especially appreciate the compliments......the staff that runs a forum rarely gets compliments.

I am glad you like it here and it has been a pleasure sharing craft ideas and whatnot with you :)

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Like any group some stuff does happen here as well, but like you said far less than any other board I have been on. The admins do a pretty good job. Nice writeup!

Reaction score
Very nice, Ember:)

I feel like CRF is kind of an online music oasis.. I've never been on another forum like here.. Also, you will never be censored here, other than certain profanity, everyone's opinion is respected:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Thank you much, Ember. We try very hard to create a friendly, respectable environment here and you have been very friendly and fitting in perfectly since you joined. :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Nicely said Ember. The staff do a brilliant job, keep this forum running smoother than I've ever seen in any other forum. There's some great people here both on staff and regular members. So since I'm presently enjoying a drink of wine, I'll raise a glass to all who make this the fabulous forum that it is 1D1GO.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.