Korpiklaani

F

FoxyPage

Korpiklaani_Logo_White.jpg

Official Website
Wikipedia

Folk metal band from Finland, active since 2003, and released their 6th album this past summer called Karkelo and like to sing about booze. Beer Beer is an amazing song, lol.

Current members
Jonne Järvelä – vocals, guitar
Kalle "Cane" Savijärvi – guitar
Matti "Matson" Johansson – drums
Jarkko Aaltonen – bass
Juho Kauppinen – accordion
Tuomas Rounakari – violin

Korpiklaani albums
Spirit of the Forest (2003)
Voice of Wilderness (2005)
Tales Along This Road (2006)
Tervaskanto (2007)
Korven Kuningas (2008)
Karkelo (2009)
Ukon Wacka (2011)
Manala (2012)
Noita (2015)
Kulkija (2018)
Jylha (2021)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neverlife

Reaction score
I know..I'm a bad person reviving old threads, but I couldn't help it, Korpiklaani.

The only song I ever listen to by them is Wooden Pints, and only because after everyone's done laughing the party gets started.

Now I know it may seem like I'm making fun of them, but I'm not, its just a very funny song to listen to, and a funny video to watch, because the dude with the violin (or whatever) looks so uncomfortable.

F

FoxyPage

FINALLY someone responds! Feel free to bump any of my threads you like, it seems no one else likes them, lol.

These guys have very fun songs indeed.

Neverlife

Reaction score
Hah, I'm slowly going through the site, finding what I like :D

There's that one dude in the Wooden Pints video just pounding away on that one drum, hilarious :D

F

FoxyPage

Not many people here seem to like metal, especially the heavier stuff, just mostly the usual stuff like Sabbath and Priest, so you might have to look a few pages back. Lots of threads worthy of responses that don't even have one response :/

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to appologize, Foxy, I do know this band, and like them. Infact, we were discussing them in another thread a few days ago in the Folk/Celtic metal thread.

They are a humorous band to listen to, and sing a lot of songs about booze, which I find amusing.

The 2009 release is most excellent, Karkelo, which in Finnish means "party" or "to have fun".

They released a picture vinyl of the song "Vodka" off this album, which is pretty cool looking:

00-korpiklaani-vodka-cds-2009-cd.jpg

And of course the album cover is excellent:

Karkelo.jpg

They do quite a bit of growling but the growling is understandable and fitting of the music.

Vodka

Kohmelo (hangover)

Oblivion

Reaction score
This is one folkish metalband I don't always like... I love the music but hate his voice 6 out of 10 songs...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I just got into them recently!!

326651c88da0560a7c6bd110.L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Neverlife

Reaction score
I went through the whole metal section, and Foxy, about 90% of the bands I've never even heard of before...so its gonna take me awhile :D

I just can't take these guys seriously though, no matter how hard I try.

Oblivion

Reaction score
I went through the whole metal section, and Foxy, about 90% of the bands I've never even heard of before...so its gonna take me awhile :D

I just can't take these guys seriously though, no matter how hard I try.

If the metalsection picks up any more I'll be adding some death metal also :lmao:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online