Kiss

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: KISS ~ Band of the Month ~ July 2010

I had fun reading all this Lynch. One small tidbit...I didn't know Bobby Rydel did Kissin' Time. I need to look for that. :cheers2

I'm the same way with the Hotter Than Hell production but most days I love it. It's really their "artsy" album and I can still remember being 9 and my older brother freakin' me out with this album...it sounded low, dark, and creepy in places that's for sure. In the right frame of mind I still get that feeling.

Can't wait for your next entries.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Hey I found a clip of Bobby Rydell's Kissin' Time :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score

...Speaking of 'Kissing Time'...I don't remember all of the details but to promote the single There was a Kissing contest through a radio station in Miami & the winning couple was to win a trip to Toronto to see Kiss perform. Unfortunately, the show was canceled. Here's Simmons on the Mike Douglas Show talking about Kiss & the contest. The winning couple was on who kissed for 4 days. I can't remember what actually happened with the contest (Simmons claimed the couple was to be entered in Ultimate Kiss Off in Chicago & the winning couple would win a 7 day trip to Acapulco)

-During those early days of Kiss '73-'74 Peter still played in other bands to make more money & actually one band he was in called Infinity also brought Peter in more money than he was making in Kiss at the time. Infinity was a 50's greaser cover band where the 3 members performed with their hair slicked back.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

KISS TO PERFORM ON 'THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO'

KISSONLINE

KISS will perform live on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on Monday, July 19. The Tonight Show airs on NBC TV at 11:35/10:35c each weeknight.

Also KiSSteria Special on A&E July 20.

Reaction score

Great thread, Lynch:grinthumb
I'm not that much of a Kiss fan, but they're fun to listen to everyonce in a while.. even more fun to read(or watch) about:D

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

So for anyone out there keeping track, the band actually wasn't too successful yet by this point. The first album shipped well, but didn't sell particularly well after that. The second album did much worse than the first. Would Kiss make it!?

(do I really have to answer that question?) ;)

Funny thing, for me, the Kiss debut album is one of my favorite debut albums of all time, and Kiss ''Hotter Than Hell'' is one of their best albums.

I think a lot of fans, went back and discovered the debut album, Hotter Than Hell and Dressed To Kill after Kiss Alive! made them the one of the Top Rock Bands during the mid 70's.

And the fans who already had the first three studio albums were hardcore hard rock fans that knew good rockin' music.

:cheers2

rtbuck

Reaction score

KISS TO PERFORM ON 'THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO'

KISSONLINE

KISS will perform live on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on Monday, July 19. The Tonight Show airs on NBC TV at 11:35/10:35c each weeknight.

Also KiSSteria Special on A&E July 20.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!:cheers2

rtbuck

Reaction score

Funny thing, for me, the Kiss debut album is one of my favorite debut albums of all time, and Kiss ''Hotter Than Hell'' is one of their best albums.

I think a lot of fans, went back and discovered the debut album, Hotter Than Hell and Dressed To Kill after Kiss Alive! made them the one of the Top Rock Bands during the mid 70's.

And the fans who already had the first three studio albums were hardcore hard rock fans that knew good rockin' music.

My first Kiss album was 'RnR Over' & my second was 'Alive' which of course did influence me to get the first 3 records

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online