KISS (Official Thread)

metalhead78228

Reaction score
Re: The Official KISS Thread!

what a great thread! I've been a KISS fan since 1977. I was 6 years old.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You know, I have tried to get into Kiss several times during my lifetime. I even recently went out and purchased their Walmart double disc. Their music has just never done anything for me. It just doesn't seem to groove. It has nothing to do with the musicianship, or rather the simple nature of the rock that they play either. AC/DC is one of my favorite bands of all time and Rock doesn't get much less complex or straight forward than them. As a much younger person their circus act was cool and all, but I never really was as impressed by it as I was annoyed by the glitzy attention grab. Call me weird, but for me, Kiss fail.

You know Starman a few weeks ago I might have written that post myself, but after being exposed(Brainwashed..:D) by Bucky, Metal Priest, Thumper, Lynch and many others I have added 7 Kiss albums to the library. I had a greatest hits compilation but I much prefer the best studio releases and my good friends in here have helped me out with some great recommendations.

Oh and I see this thread is approaching Epic proportions MP...well done.:clap:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Agreed, MP has done a great job with this thread.

I actually have a writeup of each of the Kiss albums from the 80s that I've been holding off on. Some albums were great while a couple others really disappointed me. Maybe I'll add that if MP says it's ok.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Thanks Metalhead,Lord and Lynch!!!

Lynch...I've been waiting for you or others to add more so add away!!!

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

61KSRSKMCZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

61KYDNF56TL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Kiss2004.jpg

kisscolor2004.JPG

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

For anyone who hasn't seen "KISS Shreds" on youtube, I have to say it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen for a music video

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

For anyone who hasn't seen "KISS Shreds" on youtube, I have to say it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen for a music video

:lmao: I LOVE THIS!!!! You are the man!!!

:cheers:

starman

Let The Children Lose It
Reaction score

You know Starman a few weeks ago I might have written that post myself, but after being exposed(Brainwashed..:D) by Bucky, Metal Priest, Thumper, Lynch and many others I have added 7 Kiss albums to the library. I had a greatest hits compilation but I much prefer the best studio releases and my good friends in here have helped me out with some great recommendations.

Oh and I see this thread is approaching Epic proportions MP...well done.:clap:

It's really weird in that deep down inside I feel I SHOULD be into Kiss. It's good old American Hard Rock, why shouldn't I like them?<----is what I ask myself. I remember when the first Kiss Alive album came out and Kiss really bloomed in popularity. I thought to myself, "man, these guys look seriously bad ass! This has GOT to be some of the most wicked and serious rock n roll I have ever heard." But no matter what, every time I listened to their music I was like, "this is it?" I just kept listening to Aerosmith, Robin Trower, Brownsville Station, Foghat, etc and shrugged.

:bonk:

One of these days I'll get the Kiss thing right. I mean, they are iconic if ever there were any Icons in Rock. It's certainly not been due to a lack of effort on my part. I know that much.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ Music is about getting it or not getting it...no matter the artist. It's not a crime you're not into it...don't force it or worry about it I say. :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score

^^^ Music is about getting it or not getting it...no matter the artist. It's not a crime you're not into it...don't force it or worry about it I say. :grinthumb

Right on MP!!!! I can't get into Hendrix or even alot of Zeppelin stuff but if you look at a lot of my tastes there's no real reason why I shouldn't.

You're doing an awesome job here MP! I need a new scanner because I 've got a few cool pics & clippings around here!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.