KISS NOT playing Michael Jackson tribute concert

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
TMZ.com

The promoters of the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert have heard fans loud and clear -- Gene Simmons, who has accused Michael of being a *********, and his band KISS, have been dropped from the roster.

There was a flurry of criticism after TMZ posted a story ... that Gene said last year, "There is no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt."

The promoters tell TMZ, "We have listened to Michael's fans and are grateful to have been alerted to these unfortunate statements by Gene Simmons. Under the circumstances we fully agree that even though KISS is a band Michael admired we have no choice but to rescind our invitation to them to appear in our tribute concert."

The Estate had fired off a letter to the promoters yesterday, expressing their displeasure over KISS performing at the concert.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^:oyea:

And that is how the world turns. I am not surprised and I really don't think KISS needs anything to do with MJ's tribute, if it comes off.

Let's keep the MJ/pedofile chat out of this thread, even though the article 70's Guy posted mentioned it. We have beaten that subject into the ground and all have our own opinions.

Even though I was not the least bit tempted to go or watch this Tribute when KISS was part of it, I have even less desire to bother with it now.

If I want to remember MJ, I'll play Thriller or Off The Wall, and that does it for me.

ANF

Reaction score
I think its stupid he got dropped for that. Mr. Simmons is an outspoken guy but he isn't the first nor last person to ever say something about MJ like that. I remember Madonna gave him a heartfelt eulogy on the Video Music Awards a couple years back, and many years ago she called him an alien transvestite in an interview jokingly. I loved Michael's music but the man was definitely eccentric and in his own world and I can see where others would call him out for being "weird".

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I'm sick of TMZ being a reliable source..:mad They are a tabloid that went media...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm not surprised that KISS was one of Michael Jackson's admired rock bands.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I shouldn't laugh but I just gotta

:oyea:

This MJ tribute is turning into a media circus.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online