King Crimson. Proto-metal?

Would you place King Crimson in the proto-metal sub-genre?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • I'm on the fence on this one.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I would say yes. Their sprawling progressive songs have as much to do with metal as any Blue Cheer song. Their music had a heavy, more angular edge which made it more metallic than other prog rock bands, and metal is a progressive genre by nature.

Here's Entombed's take on 21st Century Schizoid Man....

joe

Reaction score
I would say yes. Their sprawling progressive songs have as much to do with metal as any Blue Cheer song. Their music had a heavy, more angular edge which made it more metallic than other prog rock bands, and metal is a progressive genre by nature.

Here's Entombed's take on 21st Century Schizoid Man....

I thought I was the only one trying to nail Jello to the wall.

I'm not sure how much influence ITCOTCK had on proto-metal back in the early '70's as I wasn't in the music scene in the UK at that time but there is no denying KC has had an influence on more "modern" metal artists.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Just a simple and plain no. They had different styles in their music. Like jazz, avant garde and such.

No, while plenty of Metal bands are inspired by 70's prog bands that doesn't make them proto, IMO. I mean Maiden is basically super fast, heavy prog rock w/ teeth but King Crimson lack real heaviness so again, no for me .

like my two friends here the simple and plain NO!!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online