Review Kenny Mitchell : Cinematica

album review

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Perhaps not exactly in the classic rock genre but this is an album which is well worth a listen from an almost completely unrecognised and underrated world class guitarist and keyboard player.

The self produced album as with all of this artists albums is a digital release only and consists of 2 long instrumental tracks of slightly over 28 minutes each, both of which contain elements of classic sounding guitar and keyboard wizardry ala Joe Satch, Dave Gilmour, or perhaps Gary Moore (or maybe all of 'em combined) sitting right alongside Tangerine Dream and/or Jean Michel Jarre. Subtly delicious guitar work is liberally sprinkled throughout the entire album, but particularly massive moments of guitar virtuosity can be found especially at the end of part 1 and at the beginning of part 2, as well as at a couple of later points in part 2.

The album as it's title suggests is rather cinematic in concept and is a bit different from the more prog or metal style of this artists previous releases. Each track on this album is a journey which is well worth taking, and if like me you like the long tracks like 'Close to the Edge' or 'A Change of Seasons' for example, but without the singing, and you're kind of tired of listening to the same old stuff again and again and on the lookout for something new, this could be for you. It's on all the streaming sites including Bandcamp, itunes and spotify so give it a try if you fancy something different.....

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OOOooo......far out! Very trippy.

I only listened to 1/2 of part 1 and was back in my reefer days.......

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Perhaps not exactly in the classic rock genre but this is an album which is well worth a listen from an almost completely unknown and underrated guitarist and keyboard player.

The self produced album as with all of this artists albums is a digital release only and consists of 2 long instrumental tracks of slightly over 28 minutes each, both of which contain elements of classic sounding guitar wizardry ala Joe Satch, Dave Gilmour, or perhaps Gary Moore (or maybe all of 'em combined) sitting right alongside Tangerine Dream and/or Jean Michel Jarre. The album as it's title suggests is rather cinematic in concept and is a bit different from the more prog or metal style of his previous releases. Each track on this album is a journey which is well worth taking, and if like me you like the long tracks like 'Close to the Edge' or 'A Change of Seasons' for example, but without the singing, and you're kind of tired of listening to the same old stuff again and again and on the lookout for something new, this could be for you. It's on all the streaming sites including Bandcamp, itunes and spotify so give it a try if you fancy.....

OOOooo......far out! Very trippy.

I only listened to 1/2 of part 1 and was back in my reefer days.......

thank yous awesome absolutely

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online