Register to remove these ads

Keith Richards Admits Pulling a Knife on Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Music News' started by Magic, May 16, 2018.

1. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

READ MORE

Now, after years of existing as a rumor, it appears to have been finally confirmed.

The story, as originally told by promoter Michael Cohl, unraveled in 1989, when he was busy plotting dates for the Stones' massive Steel Wheels tour — and hitting a wall in Atlantic City, where, as he put it, "they didn't like rock music yet." Trump became involved over the Stones' objections, but they were convinced to go along with the deal after being assured that he wouldn't attend the show. Naturally, he ended up at the venue anyway, and held a press conference that continued even after Cohl made him promise to stop.

Richards essentially confirmed Cohl's version of events during a recent conversation with the BBC, saying he was already incensed because the show was promoted as "Donald Trump Presents the Rolling Stones" with Trump's name bigger than the band's. "I got out my trusty blade, stuck it in the table and said, 'You have to get rid of this man,'" he recalled, quipping, "Now America has to get rid of him. Don't say I didn't warn you!"

2. Vader

Vader Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars

Keith Richards is a fucking idiot. I personally would shove the knife up his ass if I were to witness the so called event. This Is a lie his drug addled , pick dropping, cant play worth shit since the 80s , ass is telling.
    Pencil neck drug addict trying to pretend to be a tough guy.

Lynch and Arkie Malija like this.
  3. joe

joe Senior Member

I'm skeptical. Fake news?

4. bbif

bbif Senior Member

Not a fan then, Vader?

:D

5. Vader

Vader Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars

I love the old Stones before they started going disco in the late 70's.
    But Keff is certainly no master musician by any stretch of the imagination.
    They needed to have a second guitar player just to do Richards parts in concert.
    I feel like they have basically been a trainwreck live since the 80's.

To answer more directly definitely no fan of Richards as a human being.

Arkie Malija and Riff Raff like this.
  6. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

Yep

7. joker1961

joker1961 Salford Looney Tune

yep!!!!!

8. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

I am a huge fan of KR. Anybody who is a close friend to both Tom Waits and Hunter Thompson just has to be a very cool dude. I think he's a great guitarist.
    He certainly did great work on Tom Waits albums beyond the Stones stuff.
    And I like him based on interviews and especially the Netflix thing that came out recently.
    Under the Influence.
    Personally the only way I hold somebodies "lifestyle" against them is if it makes them a burden. Keith handled his shit. He didn't hurt anybody but himself so I don't consider it my business.

But this is misleadingly reported.
    KR didn't threaten Donald Trump with a knife.
    It was never claimed that he pulled a knife on Trump.

When news outlets such as the Los Angeles Times, Mediate, and Uproxx reported on Cohl’s keynote speech in March 2016, their articles focused on the claim that Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards had pulled out a knife at the event because he had learned Donald Trump was in the building. Some web sites distorted Cohl’s version of events by publish it under misleading headlines such as “Keith Richards Once Pulled a Knife on Donald Trump.”

Cohl’s version of events, however, clearly states that the Rolling Stones guitarist was not in the same room as Donald Trump; that Richards pulled out a knife and threatened to “fire” Trump (who was elsewhere at the time) to compel him to leave the auditorium:

For me?
    If he pulled a freaking machine gun on Trump, Hillary, Bill and all the Bushes and every one of those pieces of crap he'd be even more of my hero. But it's not true.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Cadleson likes this.
  9. RadRobX

RadRobX What the **** did I post now?

10. Roxi

Roxi Member

So Keef stabbed a table with his "trusty blade" while The Donald wasn't even in the same room? Sounds like the rest of Keith Richards' bragging about how tuff he is.

Thanks for the voting tips, Keith. When you're an American citizen who votes, maybe I'll give what you have to say credence.