Keith Moon to perform at 2012 London Olympic Games?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Only problem... he's been deceased for 34 years now, but Olympic organizers didn't know that apparently when they asked The Who's manager if Moon the Loon would play this summer. :bonk:

Ever since Beijing put on one of the most spectacular coordinated displays in human history at the 2008 Olympic Opening Ceremony, observers have wondered how London could possibly improve on it. This would be a start.

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

Bill Curbishley told The Times how he responded to the request.

"I emailed back saying Keith now resides in Golders Green crematorium, having lived up to The Who's anthemic line 'I hope I die before I get old,'" he said. "If they have a round table, some glasses and candles, we might contact him."

That's well done, Bill. Well done.

The surviving members of The Who, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend, still tour and are expected to play some role in the Olympic festivities. Nothing against the band who gave the world "Quadrophenia" and "Tommy," but if you're going to go for big names to play at the Olympics, why not try and get John Lennon and George Harrison to stage a Beatles reunion? Go for the gold, as they say.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Johnny Rotten of The Sex Pistols turned down an invitation to play the Closing Ceremony. No excuse was reported. Whatever it was, I doubt it was as good as Moon's.

Keith Moon, The Who drummer who died in 1978, was invited to play at the Olympics | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

:heheh:

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Damn... was hoping for a zombie-like return. kind of like a day-pass to earth from god or something :D

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
That's so incredibly bizarre. Who didn't do their vetting on this one?

I believe they already asked the former Beatles. In all seriousness they should stage another Zeppelin reunion. That's about as big as it gets after The Beatles.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online