Journey (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
journey_logo4.gif

Journey Official Website

Time for an Official JOURNEY thread!! I see we've had the old one bumped...but we need an Official home for our up to date family at this point. The interesting thing about this thread will be both sides. Well really three sides if we are to count newest member and vocalist, Arnel Pineda.

Journey started off with Greg Rollie and Neal Schon who were both with Sanatana previously. Along with Ansley Dunbar on drums. The first album would have a rythym guitarist, George Tickner. After their first album they would become a four piece. Ross Valory was always on bass.

Journey-band-04.jpg

4311786358_2f7e8ff5dd.jpg

They wouldn't become a 5 piece again until the addition of lead vocalist/frontman Steve Perry!!

Perry brought the band a smoother sound that didn't fully develop into the overly radio friendly sound until Escape...IMO. Infinity, Evolution, Departure and Captured are all fabulous albums. Not that anything after had suffered.

I admire the band for all the changes it's gone through and I hope this thread will have fans from all eras come together...turn each other onto new sounds. Complete fans that love it all should contribute alot and educate those maybe only familiar with a certain era.

Trying to decide a photo or logo for the OP was a hard one. But I didn't need to look any further than Infinity..as this was the bridge between the old and the new versions of the band. Also it describes, for how long, this band will be loved by millions.
:cheers2

Journey_390.jpg

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: The Official JOURNEY Thread

My favorite years for Journey was their 'Infinity'/'Evolution' era in the 70's. 'Infinity' is my favorite album by them. I still liked Journey after Rollie was gone but it wasn't quite the same for me.

I did see Journey in '79 (w/ Sweet opening) & both bands were phenomenal but after that (around 1980) they opened for the Stones in Buffalo & I wasn't at that show but surprisingly they were booed off the stage

I did like their 'Next' album in the Pre- Perry days.

I can remember seeing Van Halen in the late 70's & Robert Fleishman who was billed as former lead singer of Journey opened. I guess he sang with them for a short time between 'Next' & 'Infinity' but never appeared on any albums although he did co-write "Wheel in the Sky". He was okay in concert but nothing really became of his solo career

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Journey and Sweet on the same bill?? Right On!! :cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Be sure to check out my album review:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

steve-perry.jpg

I absolutely love this man's voice. I fell in love to songs he sang........I think everyone (female anyways) probably has the same memories.

I think I can even hear myself screaming in the background of this video:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I do like me some Journey, especially the 70's Journey. Look Into The Future would probably be my favourite album from them :grinthumb

album-look-into-the-future.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Neal Schon sure has morphed his looks over the years:

neal%20schon1.jpg

neil_l.jpg
schon.jpg

neal-1.jpg