Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
from innews.ca

Jo Bros no longer so popular

D.I.S.H.
Axe dates. Blame the Bieb?

The Jonas Brothers have joined the swelling ranks of acts struggling to sell concert tickets, and have axed a number of shows from their summer tour.

The brothers have cancelled a surprising 16 dates, including one in Vancouver. The group has also delayed the tour kick off by two weeks and will end it in September rather than playing through to October. They have, however, added a second show in Toronto, at the Molson Amphitheatre.

The summer has been brutal for touring acts and the Brothers are only the latest to announced cancellations or changes. The American Idol, Idols Live tour nixed seven dates and cut over two weeks off the tour, and poor Lilith Fair, the traveling all-woman festival - re-launched after an decade long break- axed 10 dates and lost headliner Kelly Clarkson.

Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Limp Bizkit and John Mayer have also cancelled and juggled dates.

Many are blaming poor sales across the board, but the fact remains that some tours appear to be selling quite well. USA Today lists those of the Black Eyed Peas, Iron Maiden, Taylor Swift and Bon Jovi, as examples.

The concert circuit is saturated as acts vie to recoup money lost in record sales. Obviously the biggest acts are going to come out on top. Once the favourite of tween girls across North America, the now grown Jo Bros have been replaced by Justin Bieber, who basically causes riots wherever he goes.

Pollstar editor Gary Bongiovanni told USA Today that preliminary numbers from the concert trade publication's midyear report on the 100 top touring acts show a 20% drop in gross revenue and total ticket sales from Jan. 1 through June 30 compared with the same period last year. The paper also reports that average ticket prices are now below $60, compared with $64.61 last year.

'There's still a strong appetite for live music if you have the right attraction,' Bongiovanni reportedly said. 'It's wrong to say the sky is falling and business is horrible, but I don't think we are seeing anything that we shouldn't have expected.'

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I loved seeing the Black Eyed Peas when they came to my college! On topic though, I don't see it as any sort of victory when a pop artist loses ground. It's part of the industry cycle. They'll either regain it or fade into obscurity but either way the music wheel will keep turning regardless of their existence or not. Hmmm, wouldn't mind seeing a Christina Aguilera concert or a Lilth Fair! Thanks because otherwise I wouldn't have known that tour was relaunched! :grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I don't get the "tee hee" part of this thread title. Why would anyone laugh over another's misfortune? Not cool.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
They were sort of the American Bay City Rollers of this generation and good on them I say! Agree, not cool to sneer.

Zombeels

Reaction score
Teen favoured acts don't last long because teens grow up and move on to other music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online