Johnny Cash (Official Thread)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I got around to buying The Essential Johnny Cash a few weeks ago and had a listen to it, some of his early stuff (besides "I Walk The Line") I remember I used to hear on the radio, though sadly was thrown out, so it was good to hear them songs again.
Regarding "A Boy Named Sue" I was surprised the version they had on the Essential album was the Censored version because I have heard an Uncensored version somewhere and was surprised that the Censored version was used. I've got Johnny Cash on DVD with the Highwaymen which turns "A Boy Named Sue" into a joke by beeping out that line.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Johnny Cash's Son Says There Are Four Or Five More Albums Of Unreleased Music

John-Carter-Cash-photo.jpg

John Carter Cash, the son of the late Johnny Cash, says that there are "four or five more" albums' worth of material in the singer's vault. Speaking with the Guardian, John added that the estate plans on getting the material to the public soon:

"There are a few things that are in the works right now - probably four or five albums if we wanted to release everything."

He also said that there are "three or four albums' worth" of the Rick Rubin produced American Recordings:

"There may be three or four albums' worth of American Recordings stuff, but some of it may never see the light of day."

Out Among the Stars, a collection of Cash songs recorded at Nashville's Columbia Studios in 1981 and 1111 Sound Studios in 1984, is in stores now.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I have been watching an old DVD that I dubbed from VHS tonight.

I recorded it the day after Johnny's death from the CMT channel (which is not a channel I watch often, lol).

They broadcast hours of Cash's live performances, interviews with many other performers, and at the bottom of the screen were constant texts from people who were influenced by him.

:bow:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score

John-Carter-Cash-photo.jpg

John Carter Cash, the son of the late Johnny Cash, says that there are "four or five more" albums' worth of material in the singer's vault. Speaking with the Guardian, John added that the estate plans on getting the material to the public soon:

"There are a few things that are in the works right now - probably four or five albums if we wanted to release everything."

He also said that there are "three or four albums' worth" of the Rick Rubin produced American Recordings:

"There may be three or four albums' worth of American Recordings stuff, but some of it may never see the light of day."

Out Among the Stars, a collection of Cash songs recorded at Nashville's Columbia Studios in 1981 and 1111 Sound Studios in 1984, is in stores now.

As long as the material is as good as on "Out Among the Stars", I say, bring it on! :bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ain't No Grave is my new favourite Cash tune. So dark and mellow. Love his lyrics.

Redemption Day is another gem.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.