Johnny Cash (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official Johnny Cash Thread

^^That's a great song, but my fave is the Outlaws version.:D Played this old classic record this morning

rh6gid.jpg

1220yl2.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've also posted this in the News thread:

There is a Johnny Cash documentary called 'The Unauthorised Biography of Johnny Cash' on the Freeview Yesterday Channel at at 10:00pm on Saturday 7th January 2012. It is described as a 'new' documentary 'exploring the career of the country music star'. I do not know if it is repeated or available outside the UK.
= = =

I first heard Johnny Cash in the early seventies, when my grandad bought the Sun Collection Volumes 1 and 2. I was hooked immediately and would say the Sun recordings are his best work. The early seventies was the era of glamrock in the UK, so I took a bit of stick for being a JC fan, but these days he is fashionable.

I went on to seek out the CBS material, which is good, but not quite as strong as the Sun recordings. Johnny had a hit, here in the UK, in 1973, with 'A Thing Called Love'/'Daddy' - which I loved. Later came 'One Piece at a Time'. He released 'The Baron', which was in the style of Kenny Rogers's 'The Gambler', but was replaced at CBS, ironically by his own daughter.

Following Johnny's death, Bono said something like, "Johnny Cash was an oak tree in a garden of weeds." It summarised him perfectly for me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online