Joe Perry solo artist.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
His new solo album "Have Guitar, Will Travel" is set for release October 6, 2009. This will be Perry's 5th solo album.

HaveGuitarWillTravel_small.gif

Visit his Official website to sample each song on the album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I liked his first solo album,,,damn if I can remember the name now but it had a really good song. I will wait till it is released and check it out using my nefarious sources.:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Perry has been making solo albums since 1980. He has made 5 so far with the current release.

50141.jpg

Let the Music Do the Talking (1980)

joe-perry-ive-go-the-rock-n-rolls-again.jpg

I've Got the Rock n' Rolls Again (1981)

6732505.jpg

Once a Rocker, Always a Rocker (1983)

JP.gif

Joe Perry (2005)

This new one that is coming out has some pretty decent sound clips, I am excited to get the new release.

Oblivion

Reaction score
This new one that is coming out has some pretty decent sound clips, I am excited to get the new release.

I hope it also has a better cover :ha:

:) I'll check this out! thanks magic, I just know I'll like it.

rtbuck

Reaction score
So did anyone pick this up yet???
I've been curious about it & probably will pick it up eventually. I liked his 2005 solo album & I can throw it on right now & enjoy it but it just didn't stick with me. Those first 3 albums were great & I still play them pretty regular. I do have a little story of one of the 2 times I seen The Joe Perry Project in the early 80's:

(I just threw on 'The Music Still Does the Talking: Best of JPP' to set my mood!)

'I've Got the Rock & Rolls Again' had been released for a while & I loved it as well as 'Let the Music...'. Joe Perry Project was playing at a local bar so I decided to go. The small club was jammed but I was up near the front of the small stage.Talas w/ Billy Sheehan opened & their drum kit was pushed roght up to the front of the stage leaving about 5 feet on each side.Sheehan had always been pretty wild onstage & it was funny seeing him confined to a 5 foot spot.After Talas finished I noticed a guy deliver about 8 large pizzas to the dressing room which was right off the side of the stage.A few minutes later there was a ton of noise including yelling coming from the room & all of a sudden I see a cowboy boot kick through the door. The noise continued & then "Boom!" a fist went through the wooden door. Out on the stage walked the band with new vocalist Cowboy Mach Bell. The 2nd song they played was "Buzz Buzz" & during the first verse Bell clollapsed to the floor & was carried to the dressing room. Perry looked stoned out of his mind, looked at the rest of the band, & launched into a long instrumental of Hendrix's "Manic Depression". Bell returned later & finished the show but what a Trainwreck! I seen them about 8 months later at another club supporting their 'Once a Rocker' album & they were great. Perry looked to be in great shape at that show.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Great story Bucky,,,imagine Pizza, band infighting, and heavily impaired musicians...gotta be rock 'n roll...:lmao:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The album is decent, a bit raw, but well worth having. I wouldn't pay a bundle for it, though.

Do You Wonder, Heaven and Hell, Wooden Ships, and Oh Lord are good tracks :tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online