Joe Bonamassa (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'm trying to get into BCC, but am having a tougher time with it. Not because I don't like the music, but I'm just not a fan of Glenn's vocals. He's not a horrible singer by any means, but I find a lot of his singing to be kind of grating. But, I'm trying. I definitely do like the couple of BCC songs that Joe sings on a lot more.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm trying to get into BCC, but am having a tougher time with it. Not because I don't like the music, but I'm just not a fan of Glenn's vocals. He's not a horrible singer by any means, but I find a lot of his singing to be kind of grating. But, I'm trying. I definitely do like the couple of BCC songs that Joe sings on a lot more.

Not being a fan of Glenn's vocals is obviously a big obstacle. I'm a big fan of his voice and I love BBC, but I do prefer Joe solo and of course with Beth Hart.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Joe Bonamassa returns with a brand-new studio album, "Redemption", which will be released on September 21 via his own record label J&R Adventures.

View attachment 27749

Track Listing:

1. Evil Mama
  2. King Bee Shakedown
  3. Molly O'
  4. Deep In The Blues Again
  5. Self-Inflicted Wounds
  6. Pick Up The Pieces
  7. The Ghost Of Macon Jones
  8. Just 'Cos You Can Don't Mean You Should
  9. Redemption
  10. I've Got Some Mind Over What Matters
  11. Stronger Now In Broken Places
  12. Love Is A Gamble

Here's another new track:

Lynch

Reaction score
Also, Molly's intro sounds very similar to the intro to Mountain Climbing from his last release. Not the whole song, but that intro and the main riff throughout each of the verses. Again, good stuff

Lynch

Reaction score
You know, I blew off this guy for so many years as just kind of something that didn't turn my crank. I don't know what changed my mind in the past 6-12 months, but I love SO MUCH of his work now. I love his originals, I love most of his covers (both solo, with Beth Hart and a couple other things I've seen him involved in). Had a chance to see him a couple of years back, I blew it off. Really wish that I hadn't. I would LOVE to see Joe in the live setting.

From Joe's live DVD at Royal Albert Hall

220px-JoeBonamassaTourDeForce.jpg

Love all of the different songs that he touches on in this song. Just Got Paid is the meat and potatoes of the track, but he's even hitting on Whitesnake in the middle of it, Jeff Beck at the beginning, Zeppelin towards the end. Good stuff.

It also really amazes me how close he is with Billy F Gibbons' guitar sound/tone in the beginning of this track. Not a lot of guys seem to be able to duplicate Billy's sound. Joe gets pretty damn close here.

Joe - Just Got Paid

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online