Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (Official Thread)

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
Joan+Jett+and+the+Blackhearts+RN001240.jpg

Joan+Jett+and+the+Blackhearts.jpg

Official Website: Joan Jett

Wikipedia
Page: Joan Jett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts are:

Joan Jett
Kenny Laguna
Thomas "Thommy" Price
Dougie Needles

If I had to have a favorite band, this would probably be it XD. I consider Joan Jett my Idol and Hero...
Formed in 1980 and are still around to this day, In 1979 after the break up of The Runaways (Jett's former band), Jett was Solo and in England. She recorded 3 songs along the Sex Pistol's Paul Cook and Steve Jones, one of the 3 songs happened to be The Arrows' tune I Love Rock 'n' Roll. After that she went back to Los Angeles where she started to film a tribute to The Runaways, while filming she met producer and song writer Kenny Laguna. They became good friends and Laguna helped Jett form The Blackhearts, they toured around Europe for a bit then re-released her solo album "Joan Jett" as "Bad Reputation" in 1981 along with "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" later that year.

My three favorite songs by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts

Crimson and Clover

I Love Rock 'n' Roll

Bad Reputation

Discography

I Love Rock 'n' Roll (1981)
Album (1983)
Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth (1984)
Good Music (1986)
Up Your Alley (1988)
The Hit List (1990)
Notorious (1991)
Pure and Simple (1994)
Sinner (2006)
Unvarnished (To be released Oct. 2013)

Last edited by a moderator:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Joan Jett & just so you know on page 6 in the Punk section there is a thread for Joan Jett. I just seen her live in May & she played about 5 new songs from her new album which is coming out in October. If you pre order it on iTunes you get her new single right away.(I haven't done that yet).

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Joan Jett Talks New Album ‘Unvarnished’

Source Link

Joan-Jett1.jpg

Joan Jett has been through some dark times over the last 10 years — so many that she refers to it as her ‘decade of death.’ But she’s channeled that grief into a new album, ‘Unvarnished,’ that contains some of her most personal work.

Jett discussed ‘Unvarnished,’ due Oct. 1, during a recent interview with Rolling Stone, conducted after her triumphant Aug. 1 gig at the Sunset Strip Music Festival. Calling it “very refreshing” to come back to the city where “people were laughing at me” during her early years, she delved into the “very different” topics she tackled in her new songs.

“I wrote a lot about what teenagers write about: love, sex and partying and having a good time. As you grow up, things change,” she explained. “You have responsibilities and realize you’ve got to do stuff. I suppose you could run from that, but you’ve got to be there for your family and your friends.”

Jett’s ‘decade of death’ included the loss of both parents, which — as one might expect — proved difficult to cope with. “They made it possible for me to do this. They encouraged me. They got me the guitar,” she recalled. “My father, who hated rock & roll, put up with it. He didn’t come down on me to stop it. So losing my parents was big, and I think it translated to the music in songs like ‘Fragile,’ which is about life being fragile, love being fragile, how easy it is to break hearts.”

Those themes carry over into other songs on ‘Unvarnished,’ as Jett went on to explain. “‘Hard to Grow Up’ is about responsibility and realizing that I’ve got to do this,” she continued. “The song ‘Make It Back’ is about Hurricane Sandy and people’s attitudes. You don’t see a lot of press about it as I go around the country. It was very devastating. My town is still beat up. People were really crushed. It gave me a sense of what it’s like to be in a war zone.”

It wasn’t just personal or communal tragedies that stood between Jett and new material, either. “I convinced myself I had writer’s block,” she explained. “It was ‘Reality Mentality’ that was the song that took me a long time to write. I used to think that songs just came to me. They didn’t — you had to sit down and work at it. Just be patient, write a couple of lines, leave it, come back to it and stuff will pop out. And all of a sudden, stuff started coming, and I realized: You don’t have writer’s block. Your expectations were wrong.”

What it all adds up to, in Jett’s opinion, is a record that should resonate with fans. “The songs have a serious tone, but they’re relatable,” she concluded. “They’re songs about stuff everybody goes through.”

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear it.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Joan Jett & just so you know on page 6 in the Punk section there is a thread for Joan Jett. I just seen her live in May & she played about 5 new songs from her new album which is coming out in October. If you pre order it on iTunes you get her new single right away.(I haven't done that yet).

Far Out! :D :bow:... Sorry about the whole thread confusion :( I just didn't see any Official threads for Joan Jett and The Blackhearts and I thought/think they deserve one... I am going to try so hard to get the new album first, I CANNOT wait and I WILL skip school if I have to, to get it :pullhair:

rtbuck

Reaction score
As I said when I seen Joan Live this past May she played 4 or 5 off of the new album but it was kind of funny because she would introduce the songs in a serious tones as they were about serious issues. I was expecting the songs to more so focus on the vocals & lyrics & maybe be a bit on the mellow side because of the way she introduced them...No...they were for the most part upbeat punkish tunes that kicked ass! Joan still looks great & still puts on a Kick Ass Rock & Roll show! No problem with the thread...it don't matter to me I just figured you might want to read the other

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
As I said when I seen Joan Live this past May she played 4 or 5 off of the new album but it was kind of funny because she would introduce the songs in a serious tones as they were about serious issues. I was expecting the songs to more so focus on the vocals & lyrics & maybe be a bit on the mellow side because of the way she introduced them...No...they were for the most part upbeat punkish tunes that kicked ass! Joan still looks great & still puts on a Kick Ass Rock & Roll show! No problem with the thread...it don't matter to me I just figured you might want to read the other

Man oh Man don't tell me that I will riot until the new album is out XD I am so excited :pullhair: :pullhair: :woot:.. I was beginning to check yours out, awesome work! :grinthumb

Amaranth

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear it! I'm a huge fan of Joan Jett...Some years ago I accidentally found out "bad reputation" on youtube and then, I became addicted to her music!XD
I cannot figure out what my favourite song is...There are too many!!! These include:
- I love rock 'n' roll
- bad reputation
- I hate myself for loving you
- crimson and clover
- do you wanna touch me
- cherry bomb
- love hurts
- have you ever seen the rain
- fake friends
- change the world

Which ones do you love the most?

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
^^^ Right on :grinthumb...Personally, I love ALL her songs, but here are some of the more notable ones I like. :)

I Need Someone<<< Look this up I LOVE it <3
Crimson and Clover
Nag
I Love Rock 'N' Roll
Love Hurts
Do You Wanna Touch Me
Bad Reputation
I Hate Myself for Loving You
(I'm Gonna) Run Away
Victim of Circumstance... This list will probably change when the new album comes out. XD :gig :woot:

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online