Jimmy Page Career after Led Zepplin

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
I would agree with this (of course I'm very biased on the subject - being a bass player and playing in a Zeppelin tribute band).
I wouldn't know how to go about making a case for it though...

Well, to begin with, we could point to what he did in addition to being a superb bassist (which he certainly was). He was also the band's keyboardist in the studio (and occasionally on stage as well), and his work on the piano, mellotron, and sythesizer has always been criminally overlooked (just listen to his work on "The Rain Song" from Houses of the Holy and consider how important the mellotron is to that piece).

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Well, to begin with, we could point to what he did in addition to being a superb bassist (which he certainly was). He was also the band's keyboardist in the studio (and occasionally on stage as well), and his work on the piano, mellotron, and sythesizer has always been criminally overlooked (just listen to his work on "The Rain Song" from Houses of the Holy and consider how important the mellotron is to that piece).

Agreed. I didn't realize he was doing arrangements and such for other bands until he worked on R.E.M.'s Automatic For The People. I discovered he's done a lot of work like that since the demise of Led Zeppelin. Most excellent work and most under appreciated man he was.

Kaoz

Reaction score
Like what others said before, the success that was Led Zeppelin had a lot to do with band chemistry.
Led Zeppelin has always been: Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham. Take away one part of the equation, and it doesn't sound quite the same.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.