Jimmy Eat World (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Paramore....pahaha...shouldnt even be talked about in the same sentence to be honest. Pop nonsense.

Agree with everything Soot and Stars says. Love, love, love this band. They do indeed transcend Emo...they are in a different league to everyone else in that genre (except Brand New). 23 is "shivers down the spine" stuff. I could, and have, listened to that song on repeat many many times.Dizzy, Polaris, Hear You Me...also truly beautiful songs.

A Praise Chorus was the first song i heard and was blown away by it. The "Crimson and Clover" bit in the middle is just superb. Bought the album and was hooked. "The Middle" is alright, but not one of their best. I do agree it does sound kinda youthful, but you need to do more digging than just listening to this to get what makes Jimmy special. Favourite album is probably "Futures"...just has more great songs on it. But "Clarity" and "Chase This Light" are also well worth parting with cash for. Wasnt so keen on "Invented" but it still had a handful of great tracks. Together with Brand New, one of the small number of bands still making music, that I love.

I'm glad there's a JEW fan in the mix Urban! :grinthumb As far as band comparisons I think we all make correlations based on what we listen to and what our mind triggers! We all hear music differently! Anyway, the timing here is perfect as JEW have a new song out for their upcoming album "Damage"! TBH, it's sounds like the most basic JEW and for the first time an opening single doesn't hold the same excitement for me! I will get the album regardless though! :)

"I Will Steal You Back"

urbancoyote

Reaction score
Yeah...not too keen on the new single. Its just...alright...nothing exciting. After the dissapointing last album, Im kinda concerned :eek:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah...not too keen on the new single. Its just...alright...nothing exciting. After the dissapointing last album, Im kinda concerned :eek:

I actually liked a lot on the last album. Honestly, it just comes down to preference but I've always been drawn to listening Chase This Light and Invented more than I was with Futures and Futures is a big album for fans of the band. I like something about every album but if I ordered the albums from higher spectrum to lower spectrum based on how much I listen to them, how many songs I love on their own and what style I prefer I'd list them like this (leaving out the early singles album and EPs, also I don't have the debut which maybe makes me not good enough to be a fanboy :heheh:):

Clarity
Jimmy Eat World/Bleed American
Chase This Light
Invented
Futures
Static Prevails

I don't even dislike Futures. I'm sure your list would be completely different but that's the sign of a good band if they have enough different and eclectic material to polarize fans yet still have the same passion from each! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The new Jimmy Eat World album harkens back to Clarity in style IMO and even in production style. It's not on the level of Clarity but it's a good album and I think as music fans we really should have consistency on a positive scale! Jimmy Eat World is one band that has never had a bad album period!

Damage
DamageCover.jpg

Bye Bye Love

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online