Jimmy Eat World (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: "The Official Jimmy Eat World Thread"

I'm so used to the Middle:heheh:

I liked 23...they have some pretty deep melodic stuff. Gonna plant here for a bit and check out some tunes.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm so used to the Middle:heheh:

I liked Gush Gush Gush...they have some pretty deep melodic stuff. Gonna plant here for a bit and check out some tunes.

Thanks MP but I have to clarify that gush, gush, gush was an exaggerated reaction and the song was called "23"! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:heheh:

I changed that before you quoted me. What happened was I listened to it and scrolled a bit through afterwards....you always post a plenty...and your reaction statement stuck in my head and that's how it went down. :heheh:

Anyway...23 is a cool tune and I'm likin' the others. Alot of it is kind of mellow and spacey huh??

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

More tracks off of the album Invented I'm picking up on Friday! Can't wait! :D

[GROOVESHARK]27110089[/GROOVESHARK]

Mixtape

kaye

Banned
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Jimmy Eat World Thread

Im not a anof em' but i do LOOOOOOOVE their song hear you me... superrrrrrrrrr

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Jimmy Eat World Thread

Unfortunately there was no Jimmy Eat World album in 2011 :wa but my friend gave me an I-Tunes card for Christmas and I discovered and downloaded a cover they actually did of Prodigy in 2004 which is cool! :grinthumb

Firestarter

Redneck

punk
Reaction score
lol never heard of this band and their funny name bringed me here. very cool songs

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
They are a good band. I agree "The Middle" Does not represent how good and talented this band is. They have so much direct influence on bands today. A band like Paramore sounds so much like Jimmy Eat World to me. The only thing different is Haley Williams dynamic voice

urbancoyote

Reaction score
They are a good band. I agree "The Middle" Does not represent how good and talented this band is. They have so much direct influence on bands today. A band like Paramore sounds so much like Jimmy Eat World to me. The only thing different is Haley Williams dynamic voice

Paramore....pahaha...shouldnt even be talked about in the same sentence to be honest. Pop nonsense.

Agree with everything Soot and Stars says. Love, love, love this band. They do indeed transcend Emo...they are in a different league to everyone else in that genre (except Brand New). 23 is "shivers down the spine" stuff. I could, and have, listened to that song on repeat many many times.Dizzy, Polaris, Hear You Me...also truly beautiful songs.

A Praise Chorus was the first song i heard and was blown away by it. The "Crimson and Clover" bit in the middle is just superb. Bought the album and was hooked. "The Middle" is alright, but not one of their best. I do agree it does sound kinda youthful, but you need to do more digging than just listening to this to get what makes Jimmy special. Favourite album is probably "Futures"...just has more great songs on it. But "Clarity" and "Chase This Light" are also well worth parting with cash for. Wasnt so keen on "Invented" but it still had a handful of great tracks. Together with Brand New, one of the small number of bands still making music, that I love.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online