Jimmy Buffett (Official Thread)

Reaction score
C'mon all you parrot heads and pirates, it's time to waste away again in Margaritaville!:bird

Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett Official Website
Excellent Buffett Information Resource

4420617034_78884a3164.jpg

He was born in 1946 and started playing guitar in college. After he graduated he worked for Billboard magazine. He decided to leave Billboard in order to play country. He released his first album in 1970. After the release of his first album, he moved to Key West, where he established his beach bum image and his signature sound made of a combination of rock n roll, country, and island. He released an album in 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, and his breakthrough album in 1977. By this time, his reputation to put on great live shows had built as well. Through the 80s, he continued to record, tour, go on other business ventures, and create plenty of controversy. In the 90s he branched into children's music, and still toured very successfully. He aslo released 12 live albums, and he is still touring very, very, successfully today.

1970 Down to Earth

1971 High Cumberland Jubilee

1973 A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean

1974 Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

1975 A1A

1976 Havaña Daydreamin'

1977 Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

1978 Son of a Son of a Sailor

1979 Volcano

1981 Coconut Telegraph

1982 Somewhere over China

1983 One Particular Harbour

1984 Riddles in the Sand

1985 Last Mango in Paris

1986 Floridays

1988 Hot Water

1989 Off to See the Lizard

1994 Fruitcakes

1995 Barometer Soup

1996 Banana Wind

1998 Don't Stop the Carnival

1999 Beach House on the Moon

2002 Far Side of the World

2004 License to Chill

2006 Take the Weather with You

2009 Buffet Hotel

I got into Jimmy Buffett because my dad likes him a lot, and even saw him in concert when he was in college. I have Havanna Daydreamin', Son Of A Sailor, and Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes

And his christmas album:heheh:

havana.jpg
changes.jpg

sonofa.jpg
Jimmy+Buffett+Christmas+Island+%5Bfront%5D.jpg

Some of my favorite songs:

And of course....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Official Jimmy Buffett Thread

My favorite record is Volcano...I am still trying to find Changes In Lattitudes...but I do have Son Of A Son Of A Sailor and a greatest hits compilation.

51BmvrCImiL._SL500_.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Count me in as a Parrot Head. I saw Jimmy Buffet last year at Riverbend in Cincinnati.

The volcano effects for the song Volcano are really neat. The quality of this video isn't the best but it shows the volcano in the background.

Reaction score

My favorite record is Volcano...I am still trying to find Changes In Lattitudes...but I do have Son Of A Son Of A Sailor and a greatest hits compilation.

51BmvrCImiL._SL500_.jpg

I'm waiting to get Volcano on vinyl, I finally ordered my turn table today, It's a new Denon model, DP29F, got great reviews everywhere I looked online, and everyone said the cartridge that came with it is pretty nice too:grinthumb

Anyways, back to Jimmy, if you weren't in Canada, I'd honestly offer to ship you a copy of Changes, the record store I go to has plenty of copies, I'm pretty sure I even saw a sealed one last time I went, probably a bit pricy, which is why I go for the used ones, but I can't do the whole shipping out of the US thing:heheh:

Count me in as a Parrot Head. I saw Jimmy Buffet last year at Riverbend in Cincinnati.

The volcano effects for the song Volcano are really neat. The quality of this video isn't the best but it shows the volcano in the background.

I bet those tickets weren't too cheap, the first row ones here broke $5000, for one ticket... And the lawn tickets sold out in the first week or something like that:heheh:

For a singer song writer, especially, I think that all of his recordings are top notch, they all sound very clean and have some great, simple, but awesome sound effects on them.. I don't listen to many other artists that use steel drums often, but the others I have heard haven't captured their anywhere near as crisply

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Thanks for the thought EB, but I'll finagle a copy one of these days...it will turn up at one of my sites eventually.

I like Denon, but when you do get your table I would still consider ordering a Grado + replacement stylus in a few months anyway, that will keep you sorted for a couple of years at least.

Reaction score

^^Thanks for the thought EB, but I'll finagle a copy one of these days...it will turn up at one of my sites eventually.

I like Denon, but when you do get your table I would still consider ordering a Grado + replacement stylus in a few months anyway, that will keep you sorted for a couple of years at least.

I'll most likely do that before I go to school next year, I have a few other things that I want to buy first and I don't like blowing my funds all at once:D

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

^ Anyone who covers a Grateful Dead tune, can't be bad!
:heheh:

As eberg know, I'm a Jimmy Buffett Greatest Hits fan, but maybe I'll dive deeper into the sounds of Jimmy Buffett due to this thread. :grinthumb

Every summer here on Long Island, Jimmy Buffett plays Jones Beach. And from what I understand the place is always mobbed with ''parrot heads '' having a grand ol' tropical time. Maybe this summer, I'll check out the show, tailgate, cheeseburgers in paradise, tunes, the whole thing. And maybe even a Hawaiian shirt. And shades, of course. :****: < just without the **** hat! :heheh:

Excellent opening, eberg...great job - that was massive!

:cheers2

Reaction score

Thanks, Groovy:grinthumb

and :lmao: Eh.. Sport the hat too, go all out:tongue:

My favorite Dead song, and not a bad cover either, actually a pretty damn good one.. That sounds great!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

60872.jpg

I saw this album on an Audiophile site going USED for $250 US dollars! Wow, talk about a collector item! According to Wiki, there were only a few hundred released, so the vinyl would be extremely rare.

This song is off the Down to Earth album, looks like Buffet started out a hillbilly :heheh:

Reaction score

I think his first 3 or so albums were pretty much straight up country.. Yeehaw:D

He's pretty good with that sound too:grinthumb

Off of A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean, his third album

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online