Jimmie Vaughan

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
James Lawrence "Jimmie" Vaughan (born March 20, 1951) is an American blues guitarist and singer from Dallas, Texas. He is the older brother of the late Stevie Ray Vaughan.

A significant influence on Jimmie Vaughan's style was Freddie King, who advised him personally; from Albert King and B. B. King; as well as from Johnny "Guitar" Watson. Vaughan says that he and his younger brother Stevie Ray Vaughan studied Johnny "Guitar" Watson more than any other single guitarist.

He played with the Faboulous Thunderbird for a number of years and here he is with the T birds and his brother.

Hard To Be with his brother SRV

Dengue Woman Blues - Jimmie Vaughan

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
^^^ I also have "Family Style" Feldy. The two Fabulous Thunderbirds albums I have are, Tuff Enuff and Powerful Stuff and Jimmie's solo album "Do You Get The Blues?".

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Jimmie Vaughan is a brilliant guitar player. Love his stuff - I had the pleasure of seeing him open for Eric Clapton. This guy is a serious guitar picker.

All the Jimmie Vaughan songs I wanted to post (Like A King, Cool Lookin' Woman, Dirty Girl, etc.), have been pulled from you tube. Anyway, I have a few or more Jimmie solo albums in my collection, along with his work with the T-Birds.

Nice to see another fan, Sunny! :grinthumb

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

jimmie_vaughan21.jpg

Plays Blues, Ballads & Favorites (2010)
Plays More Blues, Ballads & Favorites (2011)

Cover versions of vintage Rock' n' Roll songs with a Texas Blues touch.

Jimmie Vaughan

jimmie-vaughan-album.jpg

JimmieVaughan.jpg

E-Z

Reaction score
Jimmie Vaughan is ok i prefer his 'roadhouse blues' over his late brother Stevie's blues/rock.

I never went much on his slicked back hair and Texas cowboy dress sense but leaving that a side he's a fairly good guitar player. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.