Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score

Jimi Hendrix On An Acoustic Guitar (only 2 known videos RARE)

As you may already know Jake T the above film sequence of Jimi performing an early acoustic version of Hear My Train A coming on a 12 string guitar was filmed in London during early 1967 and was included in the film about Jimi Hendrix released by Warner Bros in 1973.

In actual fact the 1973 film release is my favourite movie about Jimi (including all the other films/DVDs that have been released since 1973) as it was in production about 12-18 months after his untimely death in London in September 1970 and features quite a number of filmed interviews of people who knew him between 1964-1970 with the filmed interviews taking place about 12-18 months after Jimi's death so the people interviewed look about the same as they did when they knew Jimi and includes musician's like Pete Townhsend of the Who, Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Buddy Miles drummer in the Band of Gypsies, Mitch Mitchell Jimi's drummer for most of the time between 1966-1970, Billy Cox Jimi's bass player 1969-70, Juma Sultan a percussion player in Jimi's Woodstock band line up in 1969, Pat Hartley an actress and a friend of Jimi's and who appeared along side Jimi on the Rainbow Bridge film set. The Ghetto Fighter twins two old friends of Jimi's from his early days in Harlem along with Fayne Pridgen an early girlfriend of Jimi's from his early days in Harlem as well and of course Monika Daneman the German girlfriend who Jimi spent his final evening and last hours with before dying in a Notting Hill hotel in west London on September 18th 1970.

The film sequences of Jimi performing in the 1973 movie are mainly taken from his famous USA debut at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967 (Rock Me Baby, Like A Rolling Stone & Wild Thing) along with Jimi's performance of The Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock in 1969 and a 'poor quality' black & white' filmed sequence of Jimi performing part of the song Machine Gun with the Band of Gypsies at the new years eve 1969-70 concert in New York and three filmed sequences of Jimi along with Billy Cox and Mitch Mitchell performing at the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970 (part of Machine Gun, Red House & In From The Storm) along with a few other non-musical sequences that are included in the film.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Electric Ladyland turns 55 October 2023

View attachment 218491

Crosstown Traffic
As good as Electric Ladyland was and still is VERY GOOD I actually like Axis: Bold As Love the previous album better although most of Axis wasn't played live except for Spanish Castle Magic which Jimi included in his set to the very end in 1970 and Little Wing was played live a few times around late 1968 and early 1969 and I read that Little Miss Lover was played at least once live in Canada in the first half of 1969 also Noel Redding Jimi's bass player (1966-1969) claimed Axis was his favourite album out of the three studio albums that Noel played on.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Staff online

Members online