Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

I like the look of the green 45's Jeffrey...:D

I'll be back to check Ian's interview later.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sounds like a great show Flower. Ian's voice is not as powerful as it once was, but according to Sox and Tracey and Sweaty and Jeffrey he still puts on a great concert.

I look forward to your review.:hab:

Vic2010

Reaction score

Great band. I haven't been listening to my Tull CDs in recent months/years even but I was really into this band earlier in the decade. I saw them live in 2002 and was very impressed.

I was aware of JT in the 70s but I wasn't buying their albums. I was familiar with the radio hits and whatnot. I sorta got into this "prog/rock" thing about 10 years ago and bought "A Passion Play." From there I went back and forth in the discography. There are still a few JT albums I've never heard but I have most of the albums. Favorites are: Minstrel In The Gallery, Songs From The Wood, A, A Passion Play. I like evrything I have by JT but Minstrel and Songs really stand out to me.

Great band. Great legacy.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Great band. I haven't been listening to my Tull CDs in recent months/years even but I was really into this band earlier in the decade. I saw them live in 2002 and was very impressed.

I was aware of JT in the 70s but I wasn't buying their albums. I was familiar with the radio hits and whatnot. I sorta got into this "prog/rock" thing about 10 years ago and bought "A Passion Play." From there I went back and forth in the discography. There are still a few JT albums I've never heard but I have most of the albums. Favorites are: Minstrel In The Gallery, Songs From The Wood, A, A Passion Play. I like evrything I have by JT but Minstrel and Songs really stand out to me.

SFTW is my pick too Vic. :grinthumb

I saw them play for the third and last time in...1992 I think, in one of our best smaller concert halls that our symphony orchestra plays in, great band and a legacy that ranks among the best of any rock band in history.(Yeah I am biased.:D)

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

Just in case anyone thinks I only collect UK Tull singles, here are a few American ones which I have

tull1.jpg tull2.jpg

tull3.jpg tull4.jpg

tull5.jpg tull6.jpg

And one more "unusual" coloured vinyl single included with the "Eternal Thoughts" bootleg from Dortmund 4 May 1992

tull7.jpg tull8.jpg

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

I'm still working on warming up to much of the post-Passion Play output, and I don't doubt that I'll get there. But in the meantime, I stand (ha!) by my choice of Stand Up as my favorite. If you're not familiar with it (or with Benefit) I highly, highly, highly recommend you pick it up.

And the other day I went back and listened to This Was in its entirety for the first time in many years and was very pleasantly surprised. Even though the stellar work of Stand Up came along as the very next album, it's a shame we couldn't have gotten a little more material from that first incarnation of the band. Anderson's folk and rock blended very well with Abraham's blues influences.

Vic2010

Reaction score

I still have not heard "This Was", "Broadsword ...","Under Wraps," or "Rock Island." I have everything else up to J-tull.com (which I think is a GREAT album). Benefit, Stand Up, and Warchild are favorites too. The only one I've never warmed up to is "Too Old To R&R ...."

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online