Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

^^I am at a loss for words........almost. One of my favorite people in here and you haven't played SFTW yet.:eek:

I think if you do get around to it, and you were a fan of the Folk side of the band, this album and the next two are excellent. The Trilogy before he went into electronic music with Broadsword. I love Tull, all of his incarnations produced quality music.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

Thank you LG for your kind comment - I'll dig out some more images in a few days.

As with friends and loved ones, there are always things you regret and it's no different with Jethro Tull.

I'd have loved to have heard the band and Ian Anderson perform with Sandy Denny - think what a combination that would have been.

The late Robert Kirby added his talents to some great arrangements for Nick Drake - how I would have loved to have heard his string/orchestral arrangements on some of Ian Anderson's songs.

Alas they are not to be. But the world is a lot richer for the music they have all given us.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I love all those pictures Jeffrey, the last one looks like it's from Roots & Branches...I'm guessing though seeing that is one of the few CD's I don't have.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

They never really caught on here in the UK. Once met someone who was selling his 8 track player for not an unreasonable sum of money (way back when !) but I passed up on the offer. Oh how I wish I hadn't. :wa

thiswas10.jpg
This Was on 8 track. Oh what joy :tup:

Don't despair. 8-track players/recorders come up periodically on vintage stereo equipment sites. Keep picking up Jethro Tull 8-tracks as you find them.

:****:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

Jethro Tull were signed to the Island label, for 3 releases here in the UK after their first release on the MGM label was incorrectly labelled Jethro Toe.

island1.jpg
island2.jpg

island3.jpgisland4.jpg

Living in the Past was issued on 2 different designs of the label.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online