Jesse & The Rippers Vs. Hot Daddy & The Monkey Puppets

Pick

• Total voters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:banghead:: :banghead:

I'm gonna have to go out on a limb here and vote MONKEY PUPPETS...this is where Uncle Jesse was making huge strides musically (though working with the Beach Boys had to be killer and it was)...it was worth getting kicked out of the Rippers to have this magical band happen!!

The lead vocal/drummer combo gave my vote the extra edge as well!!

Fabulous band!! :grinthumb :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Metal, this is your easiest poll yet and the question is simply ludicrous! Your choice clearly shows your hearing's been damaged by one two many performances! Of course it's Jesse and The Rippers! Granted as Hot Daddy Jesse had a great control of a crowd but he got lazy and let the hack of a band do almost everything. Uncle Jesse clearly reached his opus with The Rippers! Everybody who knows music knows that Uncle Jesse's greatest influence was the Beach Boys and he really melded that influence in seamlessly. The harmonies are breathtaking. The guitar work brilliant! This should've have been up for a Grammy! Ever since he got snubbed by them I have not watched a Grammy telecast since! :nw:

So clearly my vote is for The Rippers and I dare anyone to contradict me! :hurry:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No way bro!! I have to disagree. Monkey Puppets were one step ahead. The retro vibe is what it was all about...not to take anything away from the Beach Boy'd stylings of the Rippers...and having House Of Lords axeman Lanny Cordolla...but c'mon!!

The guitar destruction of Viper!! The Jon Lord-ness of Mongo!!

It all makes sense man!

Hail the Revolution! Hail the Monkey Puppets!!

:oy:

db28083a.jpg

Although I will give Uncle Jesse some props with his solo smash, "Michelle's Smiling" where, IMO the sound of the Monkey Puppets was in it's earliest conception.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are you serious bro! :wtf: Obviously you don't know what it is to rock! :metal: You call that pompous over the top shtick that the Hot Daddy boy band does rock! Seriously, it had the cred of a Mentos Commercial jig! They are called the Monkey Puppets for a reason bro! And pleeeeaassseeee, don't give me the retro crap! What a desperate move to pull in the soccer moms and granny's into his music! The Rippers were about moving forward musically and yeah, they were ahead of their time! Do you know why Jesse doesn't make music anymore? It's because he lost the drive and the heart! :mad It's obvious he knew that in the Monkey Puppets because he's only half heartedly trying! His band is carrying him and the sad thing is he's being carried by lightweights! Apparently, if you don't know the difference between bands then it's time to take the Metal out of your name! :mad

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The Monkey Puppets were more on the edge. You have to take into account that Jesse had alot on his plate during the final year of the Rippers. :mad

He had twin boys running around the house yelling "Have Mercy" and doing Mick Jagger impressions while banging away on their Fisher Price drum kits and the band was trying to rehearse.

You think Ms. Rebecca would come in and snatch the kids away sooo dad could wail with the band?? NOOOOOOO!!! You think Danny would take a second out of his day stinking up the house with lysol to lend a helping hand???

Jesse even tried to get Joey to help out for a half hour and all he had to say was "CUT IT OUT" and taunt him with bad Bullwinkle impressions!!

jaws45.jpg

But after they canned his ass...EVERYBODY is downstairs...jammin' to the Puppets man!! EVERYBODY!!

The kids...Danny,Joey,Rebecca and I think Comet even got in on a few jam sessions. Why all the sudden intrest??
Because they were BETTER!!

They all knew it as I know it now!!​

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dude, I didn't want to go there but the people dancing are his own family! His status was so low that he recruited his own family who probably did their best fake grooving so Uncle Jesse didn't have to be talked off the ledge due to his severe manic depression.

And for the excuses! In the words of Uncle Joey
"CUT IT OUT!"

Uncle Jesse was a rock star but he chose the safety of his family over the road! Plenty of true rock stars made the sacrifice but Jesse wanted to be Mr. frickin' Mom! And for what! An unfaithful wife! That's right, his faithful family stuck it to him and his wife (literally)!

That's what he gave up a rock career for? What a moron he became once he became pussified! Too bad he used to roooocccckkk!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You FORGET!!!! That they DID talk Jesse off the ledge when his idiot buddy Pete Bianco came over and they relived their memories through that other crappy band!!! All this while he was in ....ummmm.......THE RIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!????????? :mad :mad :mad

Yeah his whole family was downstairs to SUPPORT him because the Puppets were better!!! DJ even had the hots for Viper and they had a thing on the side....and it wasn't until Jess found out about the affair, that he fired him! So HE WAS CALLING THE SHOTS!!!

Now talk about band commaradie ....Viper comes back when they get booked by accident to play a Polka Gig...cause he knew how to play the ACCORDIAN!!!

Yeah that's right!! Muti talented he is!! He was COOOL!! Viper ROOOCKS!!

That band was sooo hot..that DANNY auditioned. Yeah..he wanted piece of that!! But Viper being the trooper he was...went head to head and kicked his ass!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
So you use THAT to come back with!?! The monkey Piss band was so rock that it attracted Danny!?! He's more vanilla than the soccer moms the music was created for. Seriously, what kind of gig were they planning on opening for with all these ******* in the band? Chuckie Cheese! Seriously, this band took all the rock posturing they could and put so many cliches into their performance I lost count and it was a minute clip for Christs sake!!!! Playing guitar with their teeth, smashing the guitar, the backup singers they picked up at the mall, etc. and turned it into Disney's version of glam metal! Want to know a secret? You know my the muscle shirt fro bro had the last part of his performance edited out? Because he was too much of a pussy to actually break the guitar! :wtf: Metal, i respected you more when you came out about The Bay City Rollers! :rolleyes:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well they did find the back up singers in the mall...I will give you that...BUT....you failed to mention that Jesse didn't take Danny on guitar...he was coming up with every excuse in the book to not choose him as he "wanted to be cool and rawwwwk"!!!

Seriously man! Can't you see the problem lies with his crazy wife Becky? She wanted Danny....who btw CHEATED on his audition....unlike Viper......by faking it to a pre recorded guitar solo. It was a good thing Viper got in there to save Jesse's ass!! Really dude wake up!!

Jesse had to moonlight..while in the Rippers and do that God Awful radio show and write jingles with you know who....

2dave_coulier.jpg

...just to make ends meet. Nobody wanted to hear the Rippers...nobody!!! Maybe they should have hung out with the Beach Boys a tad longer so it would actually go someplace. At least with the Monkey Puppets they went ON TOUR!!!

Yeah that's right! On tour!!!

Jesse never got out of playing at the Smash Club (Jesse owned it :rolleyes:) or the Living Room!!

AND...let's not forget their sad attempt at writing a thrash song! Puh-leeeeze!!

:wa :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online