Jefferson Airplane, Starship & Beyond (Official Thread)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I like Jefferson Airplane's classic 60's San Fran/acid-scene stuff for what it is, but Jefferson Starship really got melodic and rocking when Craig Chaquico and Pete Sears joined the band.

Schmetterling

Reaction score
JA was before my time sadly as I was just a tiny little mite in the 60s and as none of my mates listened to them in the 70s I never really got a chance to listen to them either.....sad but true. Should've made more effort I suppose.....

I do have a nice anecdotal memory of the Starship era however, when they released their single 'Nothings gonna stop us now' It was in January of 1986 and I was in Australia at the time. I was listening to one of those weekly singles review shows on the radio and this song was played for the first time. The panel reviewed it with mixed feelings but one panelist in particular absolutely hated it, calling the band dinosaurs and swearing blind that the single would flop and never be a success. It subsequently went to the number 1 spot in the singles charts in multiple countries and stayed there for a number of weeks, became an 80s anthem and is still an oft played classic from that era today and I still chuckle at the thought of that silly girl panelist who got it so completely wrong.:D

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I’ve been listen to “Stranger” and “Find Your Way Back” very often this week.
That first side of Modern Times is so great.
Freedom At Point Zero, Modern Times, and Winds of Change are easily the best albums from Jefferson Starship. Fantastic rock music on those albums.
I guess I would have to say Modern Times and Winds of Change are my favorites from any band that features Grace Slick on vocals.
A will also mention the KBC Band album. That has a few noteworthy songs.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online