Jeff Healey

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Jeff Healey was born in Toronto Ontario in 1966. He started playing guitar at the age of three and at 17 he got a band together Blue Direction. Soon after he met Joe Rockman (bass) and Tom Stephen (drums) they formed a trio The Jeff Healey Band. In 1988 they cut the album "See The Light". I went to see him on his first tour of England .. he was unbelievable .. the band were incredibly tight and they ripped the lid off the Rock City in Nottingham. The venue was packed solid with folk climbing on tables just trying to see him play.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Magic got me interested in Jeff a few months ago, so I have picked up 4 of his CD's now. A huge loss to the music world when he passed away and he was way too young.:(

It figures Sox would have seen him live...it would be easier to list the bands he has Not seen play than the ones he has...:heheh:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^I guess I am lucky living so close to major city venues bands are playing all the time LG and just a short car ride away. My older brother's went to see Jeff on his next tour of the UK and they were blown away by his stage presence and sheer ability. An awsome musician and yes sadly missed.

joe

Reaction score
I saw him live also Sox some 20 years ago at a blues club here in town. Just mesmerizing! The whole place was in awe. Healey got lots of radio play back in the day here in Canada. He also played in a bar scene in the movie Roadhouse with Patrick Swazye(sp). Really its remarkable what this man did on the guitar.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
That night in Nottingham Joe there were polished local musicians and guitar reps huddled together stood on table tops trying to see over the throng. The place was a buzz no one could quite believe what they were seeing and hearing !!! Astonishing really.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
The strength of this debut album helped catapult Jeff Healey onto the international stage and to the attention of other major stars.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:rip:

Jeff is awesome! He is one of my favorite blues songwriters, singers, and strat players :)

I have an album review of his debut album See The Light(with working listening links)

I saw Jeff play in a bar in Dayton, and the bar was packed beyond capacity. It was one of those performances that leaves you in awe. I honestly shed a tear when he played Angel Eyes.......

His sophomore album is good, too. (actually all his albums are fantastic)

51aX9ICyPEL.jpg

This is a song written by Mark Knopfler "I Think I love You Too Much" off the Hell to Pay album:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^Great album Magic the title track is a pearler and the cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps is stunning IMO.

Some big names appear on this album too Bobby Whitlock, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne and Mark Knopfler. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online

No members online now.