Jeff Beck & SRV

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the last SRV tour that passed through my area, which was late '89 or early '90 was a double bill of SRV and Jeff Beck. How I wish I had seen that show now.:mad:

Muzoid

Reaction score
I'm a huge Jeff Beck fan....he seems to make his guitar talk to me...some of the sounds he creates are extraordinary.

Faves: Scatterbrain and Freeway Jam...both from Blow by Blow

I love SRV, Santana and "Luke" too....Luke's sound is totally amazing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I wish Stevie wasn't dead. He was so good!

Yeah it is a crying shame we lost him so early into his career.:wa:

When Texas Flood was released we all knew SRV was something special.

Jeff Beck is a legend as well, that would have been some concert.:bow:

srvtexasfloodfrontjn8.jpg

Last edited:

billtjr51

Reaction score
I saw Jeff Beck in the mid 70's. I never had a chance to see SRV. They are two of my favorite guitarists.

gguerra

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the last SRV tour that passed through my area, which was late '89 or early '90 was a double bill of SRV and Jeff Beck. How I wish I had seen that show now.:mad:

I was fortunate to see that show. Fair Park Coliseum (Dallas, TX) - November 25, 1989. I can tell you it was memorable even though a lot of other things from that time are a blur (if you know what I mean). SRV headlined since he was a Texan. I think at the time they took turns headlining. SRV blew us away with a lot hendrix inspired stuff. Beck was brilliant as always.

I also saw him with Page and Clapton at the British are Coming concerts in 1983 at Reunion Arena also in Dallas. There were two shows Sat and Sun with Stevie Winwood on vocals among others.

Beck has to be my favorite guitarist of all time. Gilmour is right up there as well.

Kino

#1 Styx Fan
Reaction score
This was an incredible. Two of the best guitarists jamming together, perfect.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online