Jeff Beck Flash

captain ron

Reaction score
"IT'S GETS US ALL IN THE END"..............FLASH......FEATURES JIMMY HALL on vocals. the voice wet willie

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Here's Jeff Beck performing "People Get Ready" with Tal Wilkenfeld and singer Joss Stone:

I love the way Jeff does "People Get Ready"!

:guitar:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I disagree with the interviewer though about female bass players being an oddity. I've actually detected a trend toward female bass players in recent years.

Twice I saw Becky Godchaux playing bass with Jeff Beck in concert earlier this decade. Rhonda Smith played bass for Jeff at his concert appearances a week ago in Toronto and Montreal.

Rhonda Smith

rhonda_smith.jpg

Paula O'Rourke has been touring as the bass player with Eric Burdon & the Animals since 2006. I've seen the Animals three times since then and I must say that she's pretty good.

21961613.jpg

:guitar:

Rocker440

Reaction score
I have this album. Although I like some of the songs on it quite a lot, imo, overall it is along the 'hit or miss' lines. I believe it was orginally released in 1985, with some artists going for more of the 'pop' sounds. There is some exceptional guitar playing on Flash (as with most Jeff Beck albums). I think there were two or three different vocalists that performed on the album, Rod Stewart only sang on the cover of People Get Ready. I remember seeing a video for that song on VH1 many years ago, too.

Also, I believe that Jeff, himself, sang on one of the tracks, but I can't remember which one off hand.

Sidenote: There were two additional tracks on the CD that weren't on the vinyl release, at least not on the vinyl edition that I bought when it was first released. :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IMG_0557.jpeg

found this image online. It was taken during the filming & recording of “ People Get Ready”

and I found a flac rip of People Get Ready on YT.

I read somewhere that when Rod & Jeff tried to reunite for another album, Rod’s train rides back and forth basically kept the album from coming to fruition. The rides exhausted him.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Flash was the first album actually it was the second album with Jeff Beck I ever bought. The Box of Frogs album was my first introduction to Beck a year earlier so when Flash was released, I bought it.
“People Get Ready” and “Ambitious” could be seen on MTV twice a week. I thought the video for “Ambitious” was great with all the cameos of celebrities auditioning for Jeff.
I listened to my vinyl copy of Flash for more than 15 years until I got a cd recorder. Then eventually I recorded the album to cd so I could listen to it in my car and import it to iTunes and onto iPods and iPhones. I of course still have my vinyl copy, and have an official cd release of Flash. I have seen Jeff Beck perform live twice.

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online