Jeff Beck Flash

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I have a question for any of you Jeff Beck fans.. I have seen many threads about Jeff Beck but I have never seen his album "Flash" brought up at all.
So I have to ask you guys what do you think of this album compared to his other works..
I got into it in the mid 80's and I do have some of his other stuff but rarely play it any more..
To me I think it's sorta "pop" compared to other stuff I've heard him put out..
Thoughts on this album?????
51wGDStsCnL._SS500_.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Can't offer an opinion Thumper I have never seen it before...:dunno:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Can't offer an opinion Thumper I have never seen it before...:dunno:

That's what I'm saying.. A obscure album I guess.. Here's Ambitious off the LP..

I tried to pull up Get Workin' off the LP and what a mess on you tube.. No idea where it was at amoungst the loads of concert footage..

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
hmmmm i'll have to look into this album. i'm a big fan of his run of the great three fusion albums and his albums with the Jeff Beck Group but i've never heard of this album. i'll let you know in a day or two

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have never seen this album either. I have heard this Curtis Mayfield cover song off the album though:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I have never seen this album either. I have heard this Curtis Mayfield cover song off the album though:

True.. He did that song with Rod Stewart..I think it's on the album.. Gotta check..:cheers:

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score
IMO, Flash is the weakest album in Beck's catalog. Still, it's worth checking out if you haven't heard it.

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
I remember that album very well. Maybe I should'nt say I remember the album well, as I have never owned it, or listened to it in it's entirety, but I do very well remember People get Ready, and Ambitious, and how they got heavy rotation on MTV at the time. It was actually my introduction to Jeff Beck.

It may be somewhat of an obscure album, but I think most of what he has put out since the Wired, Blow by Blow, etc. in the 70's is. Jeff Beck is an amazing guitarist, but I also think he has a very select following.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
"People Get Ready" was huge on MTV, but I never knew it came from Jeff Beck's Flash album. I guess I always assumed it was from one of Rod's albums. Anyway, after a quick check on iTunes it sounds like a pretty good album.

That synth/rock sound ala Jefferson Starship and Pat Benatar is classic mid-80's. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat I always thought that was a Rockin' Rod song too, but I can see why Jeff Beck would include it on his album, every artist likes to have a hit song once in a while, seeing Jeff's music is not really conducive to producing hit singles.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online