Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience Announce New Tour

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I'd need to see an exact quote of Percy saying that before I could believe it. I highly doubt he'd allow a subpar drummer to hammer out John Bonham's legacy onstage at the O2 concert, which was a HUGE milestone for them, if he had any doubts as to Jason's abilities.

Furthermore, who cares what his intentions are? Maybe he just wants to bring attention back to his father's legacy and the legendary music the boys created amongst a music industry that is severely shallow and popified? Just my $0.02. :)

Due to copyright issues mentioned in the forum FAQ's, can't really cut or paste anything verbatim. But I have 3 different magazines somewhere in my apartment where Plant was way too critical of Jason's abilities. Guy isn't going to be misquoted three different times and those 3 magazines in question are around ten to twelve years apart, from the earliest to most recent (early 1990's to early 2000's). Besides, Plant has been loudly criticizing other artists for years and years, unlike most musicians who keep quiet about those sort of things (like a Steven Tyler for example).

However, despite all of this, Plant is smart enough to know that the wisest thing to do if he is going to play Zeppelin music on stage nowadays is to have Jason Bonham on drums because it is the right thing to do and the guy can play. Who else is going to sit in? :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Right. And as I remember it, he hasn't been pushing it every second he gets. I saw an episode of That Metal Show (I know, ME? :omg:) and he only talked about it when asked. He doesn't run around touting his playing with the tribute band, throwing his name out there. I think he genuinely enjoys what he's doing and doesn't really care about the monetary gain or fame as much as people assume.

Right....there's really no reason to get all hyped up if HE'S not. Let 'em have fun...but I'm gonna go spin IV! :cheers2

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Due to copyright issues mentioned in the forum FAQ's, can't really cut or paste anything verbatim. But I have 3 different magazines somewhere in my apartment where Plant was way too critical of Jason's abilities. Guy isn't going to be misquoted three different times and those 3 magazines in question are around ten to twelve years apart, from the earliest to most recent (early 1990's to early 2000's).

However, despite all of this, Plant is smart enough to know that the wisest thing to do if he is going to play Zeppelin music on stage nowadays is to have Jason Bonham on drums because it is the right thing to do and the guy can play. Who else is going to sit in? :)

I'd still like to see those articles! :)

But, when it comes down to it, Jimmy has the last say when it comes to Zep's music being used in other material or pretty much anything to do with their music. If Jimmy believes in Jason, so do I!

cool17ny

Reaction score
2000, 5000. Same difference mostly.

If you want to quibble about it, fine then you won the argument.

My belief is the guy isn't in it for the money, which I think we may be able to agree on. Reason being, my opinion is he'd be making more money in either Foreigner or UFO on a full-time basis. It isn't fact but I have a hunch those groups would be more profitable than a tribute band, regardless of how well they have been received.

I thought the late 90's live record was pretty good and his full band material when he was doing his first "solo band" records as Bonham. What I think is the guy is wasting his time and his life doing Zeppelin songs when he still has something to offer as an original artist doing original music, whether under his old Bonham outfit or in a band like UFO/Foreigner where he mostly plays music that the chiefs of those bands write. Either way, he is at least building a catalog of his own music and creating his own legacy instead of following in another guy's footsteps.

I also like him fine as a drummer and Plant ought to shut his mouth about Jason supposedly sucking as a performer.
Ae - Did you know Jason has an original project- Black Country Communion:
BCC coming off being named The Best Rock Group for 2010 by PlanetRock and
Black Country Communion has been nominated in the best Hard Rock album of the year category in the Metal Storm Awards 2010. Metal Storm is one of the world’s largest metal webzines- so hes doing an original thing too..

We seem to both like Jason and see The Zep Tour is for the Love of the Music and the Fans..

I'm so glad were gonna be friends:)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

ringo.jpg

:heheh:

Just keeping things light

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:heheh:

OK, just jokin' around...we love ya Ringo. Jason is a helluva drummer though. I liked his first solo album alot and still spin it from time to time.

cool17ny

Reaction score
:wtf:

No they're not...the Classical composers created their music for any orchestra to play.
Technically speaking- but many composers performed with the orchestras originally-
and all musicians publish their original songs for others to learn and play - music is for all to enjoy and experience either as a listener or a performer- great music is great music - especially Live!- original guys or not!"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online