Janis Joplin: Hot or Not?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Janis+Joplin+Janisss.jpg

So earlier today I had a conversation with someone over Janis Joplin's attractiveness. The person I was talking this out with is someone who is much more interested in conventional beauty than not so their stance was that Janis is "dirty looking" and "gross". I argued that Janis looks the same way that she sounds, kind of rough around the edges but with something truly beautiful and genuine in between those rough edges.

What do you think? Is Janis attractive or not?​

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
janisjoplin002.jpg

She may not be in the same league as Grace Slick when it comes to beauty but I think her looks are unique. She has a beautiful smile and I think she looks rather pretty when she's dolled up and wearing make-up. So to answer your question on whether I think Janis was attractive, I'd say yes. :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Everyone on this earth is beautiful in their own way, so yes, she is beautiful.

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
I find her extremely attractive. Her vibrant personality, the outfits, her beautifully painted porsche, that voice that pierces your soul with an emotion I could never describe. And an amazing backing band full of bluesy rock funk to keep you entertained when she stops. I love it. As to her physical attraction, I find her attractive more so than todays average 'hottie'. The rough appearance mirrors her sound, what you hear is what you see, and what you see is what you get. Gotta love that in a woman.

She was an amazing person in my book and I can't wait for the day I meet a woman like her...if that ever happens. Gorgeous.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
If I had to rank her among the "hottest female celebrities" I'm afraid she's be well down the list for physical attraction.

That doesn't mean I judge her on that at all, however.

And her music still ROCKS, so all's good IMO :)

joe

Reaction score
I read the following book...I guess it was about 25 years ago. The author had a sexual relationship with Janis back in the days of Big Brother And The Holding Company. From what I remember of the book, Janis had a lot of demons.

51SYVXR0YXL.jpg

For me, I'm not attracted her what so ever physically. However I am empathetic for the suffering she went through. I do remember coming away from reading the book that she was a good lady.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
If we are talking physical attraction as Joe says then absolutely not!!!!!! :puke: I don't find most of the hippy type chicks hot! I mean Paula Coles a hippy and I LOVE her music but if she wanted to have sex I'd say "No way! Shave your armpits you hairy Sasquatch hippy! Oh, by the way before you go, I love your work!" :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online