Jacohead.gif

Jaco Pastorius

Jaco Pastorius (1951 - 1987) - Find A Grave Memorial

0196108800_frt_wlg.png

Fender

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I only have one of his albums, but you mention his name and everyone who knows anything about bass players acknowledges him as one of the greatest to ever pick up a bass guitar.:bow:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Yeah, he is one of those legendary musicians. It`s sad that he had such a tragic end to his life....

I think I recently read that Robert Trujillo ended up with Jaco`s Bass. <---feel free to correct me if I got that wrong, I have Oldtimers! :wtf:

I have 2 of his CDs...

Jaco Pastorius `76
Word of Mouth `81

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You are far more in the know about that kind of thing than I am Garrett...but I think it's cool that younger musicians generally do try to collect instruments from the legends that preceded them.

I do know for a fact that David Gilmour has John Bonham's drum kit in his studio in his mansion.:drums:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
A very tragic end to a talented guy. Very sad. He was a fantastic bass player

:uh:

Jaco_Pastorius.jpg

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Yeah, he is one of those legendary musicians. It`s sad that he had such a tragic end to his life....

I think I recently read that Robert Trujillo ended up with Jaco`s Bass.

Garrett I won't correct you I'll just add something I read when I first started to get into Jaco.. According to what I heard his Bass was stolen while he was hanging out in Central Park.
It is a one of a kind and very famous so if someone ended up with it than it would most likely have to be given back to his family.
But as for his death.. Sad indeed that a bouncer threw him out of a club and he landed on his head which resulted in his death.
He suffered from manic deppression.
Towards the end, he started to act very strange and do odd things..
but I own a Jaco copy Bass.. It was my first and it's the one Bass that is like the Caddilac of all my Basses.. Fretless and smooth to play..

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
When I took a trip to New York with a bass player friend of mine he kept brining Jaco's name up...as he is a huge fan of his talent and music. A few times it would be like, "Yeah Jaco would be wandering around here" "Jaco would sleep there"

Very eerie. :uh:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Yeah jack was pretty bad and sad story in the end. I was luckily to see him in weather report and one solo. The beat bass player I've seen and I've seen some top ones. I've got a few of his solo albums live and studio plus his weather report stuff.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I just started getting into Weather Report and he was one amazing bassist.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online