Jackie DeShannon with the Byrds

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I must confess I'm not a huge Jackie DeShannon fan, but she played a role in bringing The Byrds up into the spotlight - which is a pretty cool thing to do! :) And The Byrds were nice enough to acknowledge that my singing a Jackie DeShannon song on their Debut album - Mr. Tambourine Man. But one of my favourite songs Jackie DeShannon did was with the Byrds called Splendor In the Grass - however the one I'm referring to is a rare version which you can listen to here:

She did a more subtle version though I believe later on, though when I listen to this version, I reckon it makes for interesting listening and somehow it makes me wonder if they did any more songs together, cause it just makes for interesting listening! :)

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
I must confess I'm not a huge Jackie DeShannon fan....

Oh but I am! With tunes such as "When You Walk in the Room", "What the World Needs Now Is Love" and "Put a Little Love in Your Heart", what's not to like?

JackieDeShannon.jpg

:grinthumb

Emrock

Reaction score
You have to remember that Jackie told us that, "What the world needs now, is love, sweet love." This was several years before Lennon told us, "All you need is love."

A great lady and artist!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Hepcat wrote:

Oh but I am! With tunes such as "When You Walk in the Room", "What the World Needs Now Is Love" and "Put a Little Love in Your Heart", what's not to like?

JackieDeShannon.jpg

:grinthumb

No, I didn't say I didn't like Jackie DeShannon, the problem is the radio play's the same song from her all the time - "What the World Needs Now Is Love Sweet Love". Sure it's a fine song, but surely there's other songs they could pick from her collection of music. I've never heard "When You Walk in the Room" from her for instance - only hear The Searchers sing it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online