J. Geils Band (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: the J. Geils Band

It's on the Love Stinks album... era 1980 or so.

Oh, cool, I actually don't have that one.. of course it's the first J Geils song I heard, but I sort of like a bit earlier, like Monkey Island.. it has the blues and groove of the early era JGB, but it aslo has the grit and pop/catchy-ness of 1980 onward..:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I agree. I like a lot of J Geils, but honestly don't own very much of it. Very fun band and from what people have told me, they used to put on a pretty good show.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Love Stinks was a really good record, and it was released in updated "Audiophile" format by Superdisk, a contemporary of MFSL. I owned a copy of the deluxe version, and the CD is well done, I would recommend it to any J. Geils fan.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

man, I remember in 8th grade when "Freeze Frame" was HUGE, I heard those songs everywhere. I like pretty much everything I've heard by them but I never really pursued any of their music.

acetami

Banned
Reaction score

my favorite songs by these guys are:
sanctuary
cry one more time
wreckage
just can't wait
angel in blue

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I really like the bluesier early period alot . Here are the ones I own
The J. Geils Band ,Bloodshot ,Ladies Invited ,Nightmares...and Other Tales From the Vinyl Jungle, Hotline ,and Sanctuary. I want to get Live! Blow Your Face Out and The Morning After.

Probably an unpopular opinion here but I don't really care for the monster radio hits Freeze Frame and especially not into Centerfold . Might check out some of their later material later on down the line.

Sanctuary is my favorite.

Reaction score

I really like the bluesier early period alot . Here are the ones I own
The J. Geils Band ,Bloodshot ,Ladies Invited ,Nightmares...and Other Tales From the Vinyl Jungle, Hotline ,and Sanctuary. I want to get Live! Blow Your Face Out and The Morning After.

Probably an unpopular opinion here but I don't really care for the monster radio hits Freeze Frame and especially not into Centerfold . Might check out some of their later material later on down the line.

Sanctuary is my favorite.

I like the radio hits because they're fun and catchy, but on the same album as those radio hits, the band has great songs, very reminiscent of the older stuff you love.. That is one of the reasons I like the band so much:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I love their cover of Land of A Thousand Dances

IMHO, this was the best version anyone ever did on this tune.

:dance:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

I like the J. Geils Band - the 70's Blues stuff all the way up to the 80's ''Centerfold'' period.

Fun rockin' band!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online