Its crazy....CRF is over 12 years old!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Amazing how its been 12 years. April 3rd, 2005 is when I put it back on the web. It was a somewhat successful forum before I picked up the domain name when it expired. Not sure why they let it go, but glad they did.

Thanks for being apart of the forum and thanks for the people that helped get it off the ground and keep it running! @Magic, @LG, @Soot and Stars, @Sharp Dressed Man, and so many others.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Coming on here was one of the most fruitful things I ever did online. I'm thankful that both LG and Magic reached out to me to help mod here way back in 2009 when I was in the music forum I originally met them in. I was hesistant because Classic Rock wasn't my main bread and butter and afraid I wouldn't fit in but I really liked the two of them so I was willing to kind of start over. The way I thought about it twofold in that I would have an audience I could bring new things too and they could do the same. It worked out wonderfully and I've put more music content here than anywhere on the net even my personal facebook. From the small crowd to the booming peak we built up to until now where we have yet another growing look with a fresh look for us I've never regretted it. Coming here was the only time I've changed forums and the only time I will. If this ends I'm done. I have a lot of people to thank for the continuuing life and success of this place. I've made so many friends here. Some still here and some not but remain friends on the outside. I've had friendships throughout and even though people and situations change it remains as I said a fruitful experience. I have to thank my fellow staff now for sticking with it. Sharp, I'm thankful for you joining me when it seemed we were thrown in the middle of awkward circumstances. Riff and That70sGuy, I thank you for your long tenior and taking the reigns to help out. Thank you to longstanding members, past members that I miss still and new ones. Everyone who laid anything from a single brick to multiple ones to build this place up I'm grateful. Peace!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Congrats to CRF! I actually find it crazy that I've been here seven of those years. Amazing how time flies...

It's quite a feat to have an active forum in this time and age, where most people seem more concerned with social media. I think that's a compliment to not just the staff, but also the members who keep returning and whom all help create what I believe might be the friendliest forum on the Internet. Therefore, thanks to everyone who build this place and to everyone who keeps this place going.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Congratulations @Shaggy!

I remember how we met back in 2009. You messaged me on another forum and asked me to check out CRF......and I did. I then became a co-admin, bringing @LG and @Soot and Stars here with me. This forum has been my passion for 8 years, I love it here!

The current staff, the long time members as well as new members, all make CRF a nice place to meet up and chat. I've had a lot of fun here over the years. I have met some really nice people from all over the world, thanks to this forum.

Thank you Shaggy for keeping the forum open and giving everyone an awesome place to hang out.

Aero

Reaction score
Amazing how its been 12 years. April 3rd, 2005 is when I put it back on the web. It was a somewhat successful forum before I picked up the domain name when it expired. Not sure why they let it go, but glad they did.

Thanks for being apart of the forum and thanks for the people that helped get it off the ground and keep it running! @Magic, @LG, @Soot and Stars, @Sharp Dressed Man, and so many others.

So you're the one who runs this place...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to be part of this forum since back in 2010 and when LG and Magic put me on as mod I was only too happy to help out where I could. This has been one of the few music forums where people are pretty civilised and made it easy as far as being a member/mod goes. It hasn't been without its dramas but nothing that wasn't overcome. Good to have made some friends here too. Admin team have done a great job past and present maintaining this place.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The originals let it go when the mod wasn't going to keep it going when it expired (eventho it was a pretty busy forum, but there was lots of trolls and he got fed up,I think)....so we all moved to another forum...I came back here when Metal Priest & CT Girl came back after it was rebooted by LG. Been here ever since.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online